• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ORI frame clearance?

1-tonxj

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I'M IN the middle of Installing 18 struts on the front I have everything clearing at full droop and full bump , but at full droop I have only about 1/8 between the ORI shell and the artec tower . My concern is that this not much room and this is only being tested by cycling the suspension with a jack on flat ground , my question is for those who have installed similar equipment is this clearance enough ? The rear will be easy since no steering knuckles to clear and I've already frenched the frame rails for the coil buckets so there will be a ton of room , but the front it's close.

Did you cycle 1 side up and 1 side down? Wonder if it'll be closer that way?

No, one side complete droop the other sitting on a stand. The axle side of the panhard has the most swing in droop pulling the shock close to frame . I now have about a foot of extra room with no coils and I am going to lengthen my trash bar which should lessen the severity of axle swing on droop ...I am just looking for the easiest way I could always French the rail and triangulate the front , but my radius arms use the entire 18 inches of those ori without binding up so I see no need to change them now .

Back