• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saturday Hard Trails

Who wants to run some hard trails on Saturday.

The plan would be Overdose (OD) (4.5+), Ecstasy (X) (4.0+), Axle Alley (AA)(4.5+), then decided if there is time to do Woody's Wash (WW) (4.5) It will take all day.

Myself and Chad can lead.
Overdose and Axle Alley may require a winch pull (steep waterfall).
Ecstasy and Woody's Wash may cause abit of body damage.
These trails dont have bypasses.

Id like to see rigs, locked, skids, caged, and on 35in tires.
Only you know if you need to pull cable.
You don't need 42in tires on a buggy.

There will be no rock stacking, littering or bypassing/trail blazing off the sides of the trail.

(5.0) Impassable trails: These trails are for the extreme four-wheeler only. These trails require highly modified vehicles, including lift, excellent articulation, lockers front and rear, large tires with aggressive tread, winches, lower t-case gearing, high lift jacks. Safety Cage 4 point minimum, door bars, 4 point safety harnesses, and helmet recommended. A High level of Off-Road driving skill is required. Paint damage is virtually guaranteed, body and/or mechanical damage is very likely. Rollovers will be more common on these trails and a winch will be used on at least one obstacle.

(4.5) Extreme trails: These trails cross extremely rugged terrain with very steep inclines, large boulders, and potentially dangerous situations. These trails require modified vehicles, including lift, lockers, and over-sized tires, lower t-case gearing. Safety Cage is recommended. A High level of Off-Road driving skill is required. There will likely be paint damage, possible vehicle body and/or mechanical damage. There are possibilities of rollovers. Winches are recommended.

(4.0) Difficult trails: These trails traverse very rugged terrain; low-range 4WD is required. Higher than stock ground clearance is required. Aggressive tread and low air pressure are required. Traction Devices (Lockers or limited-slip) in the differentials (front and rear), lift, and larger tires are highly recommended. These trails require above average Off-Road driving skills. High-Lift jacks and winches would also be helpful. There will likely be paint damage and possible vehicle body and/or mechanical damage.

So whos in?

sounds cool dave ill have the zuk out there the 97wb is the one thing that holds me back but ill give it hell.
not sure if the winch will be on it depends if i can get some rope by then

Dave, Thanks for taking this on. I'm sure there will be some folks that will want to run those trails. I know I'm not built for them.

I'd like to if there is a good chance I won't rip up fenders, no exo cage. no guarentees needed. Tom

I'd like to if there is a good chance I won't rip up fenders, no exo cage. no guarentees needed. Tom

OD and X would the tightest squeezes. I rub my cage going through those but I am very tall and wide so I have to drive sideways things you may fit between.

AA and WW would require skill but should not be a sheetmetal shreader.
AA is most dangerous for an end over roll without a cage. If we had you hooked up to a safety winch line even if you drive it I would say that is safe enough and would prevent an end over. OD could also be an end over climb Id want a safety line if you dont have a cage, there is no room to turn around so the safety line would be a yank strap.

OD and X would the tightest squeezes. I rub my cage going through those but I am very tall and wide so I have to drive sideways things you may fit between.

AA and WW would require skill but should not be a sheetmetal shreader.
AA is most dangerous for an end over roll without a cage. If we had you hooked up to a safety winch line even if you drive it I would say that is safe enough and would prevent an end over. OD could also be an end over climb Id want a safety line if you dont have a cage, there is no room to turn around so the safety line would be a yank strap.

Thanks for the great info. I do have an internal cage, but, I strap on real steeps so I'd love to join.

I might just be up for this. Ive got to see if i can get the winch mounted on the heep in time but im cutting it cloase as it is.

I'll only run them if I can run them backwards....BLINDFOLDED. This stuff is bunny slopes to me. I'm gonna stick to the coke ovens so I don't scare anybody.

Back