• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TO DO LIST

NAXJA Forum User
1) regear and re-brake and re-steer front D-60 so I can install in MJ and stop breaking the 10B.
2) pray for a time warp so it all goes faster.
3) pray that when we're there time stops so we can stay longer
4) replace idler pulley on dodge ( should be this weekend)
5) replace tensioner/pulley assembly on dodge (again should be this weekend)

1) Control arms
2) Rear shock mounts
3) Obtain a front driveshaft that's not destroyed
4) Install rear D44
5) Install front locker (maybe)
6) Replace sway bar end links or make disconnects
7) Clean/organize inside of Jeep/get the 3/4 gallon of gear oil that leaked into the floorboard out (of all the things on this list, this is the one I look forward to the least)
8) Taurus fan
9) Leaf spring bushings
10) TC skid plate
11) Check all steering components and make sure they're ready for the 250 mile trip up there
12) Change trans filter

Well it looks like I have my work cut out for me. If I can't get all of this done I'll still come like I did last year and not wheel the Jeep

Maybe a little ambitious, especially point #1:

1. WJ Brakes and upgraded steering
2. WJ Power Steering pump and cooler

That's it ... so far.

1) Control arms DONE
2) Rear shock mounts
3) Obtain a front driveshaft that's not destroyed DONE
4) Install rear D44
5) Install front locker (maybe)
6) Replace sway bar end links or make disconnects
7) Clean/organize inside of Jeep/get the 3/4 gallon of gear oil that leaked into the floorboard out (of all the things on this list, this is the one I look forward to the least)
8) Taurus fan
9) Leaf spring bushings
10) TC skid plate
11) Check all steering components and make sure they're ready for the 250 mile trip up there DONE, SOME NEED REPLACING
12) Change trans filter

1) regear and re-brake and re-steer front D-60 so I can install in MJ and stop breaking the 10B.
2) pray for a time warp so it all goes faster. building one in the lab
3) pray that when we're there time stops so we can stay longer working on it
4) replace idler pulley on dodge ( should be this weekend) DONE
5) replace tensioner/pulley assembly on dodge (again should be this weekend) DONE

1. Tighten up tilt steering column.
2. Replace rear spring eye bushing.
3. Reroute exhaust to keep from melting said spring eye bushing.

Stock up on tie rod ends, since I seem to break one on the first day every year...

Just wait until the second day to drive. Problem solved.

Stock up on tie rod ends, since I seem to break one on the first day every year...

Go Currie and never look back. Best investment for my steering I've ever made.

Just wait until the second day to drive. Problem solved.

Yeah, but where's the fun in that!?

Go Currie and never look back. Best investment for my steering I've ever made.

I've been considering this for quite some time now actually. I talked to Ironman Andy about it over the summer as he sells the kit, and for a few bucks more adds his touch to the tie rod. He highly suggested I go this route as well based on what I do with my Jeep.

I haven't heard anything bad about Currie's steering that I can recall. My biggest gripe (among several) with the "one ton" set up that I have now is the amount of tie rod roll is insane. I'm constantly sawing away at the wheel just to try and keep it in a straight line on the road. Ruffstuff wouldn't admit at first that it was a known issue with the design, even though JCR offered a spacer for theirs (they're identical kits). I wound up putting the JCR spacer on mine which helped a little, and Ruffstuff now has one out that I have sitting in my toolbox to be put on. But, i'm tired of going through rod ends at the rate that I am considering I only wheel a handful of times a year.

I have a brand new serious steering one ton utk steering kit id sell ya cheap if you were closer

Did some quick HW on it, looks to be no different than Ruffstuff or JCR. They just add more spacers to try and eliminate the roll/dead spot.

Back