• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Got this knobs for my 10 inch steering wheel to make lock to lock turns quicker since the 10 inch wheel is kinda goofy on quick turns .20190807_212242.jpg

I went with a full PSC hydraulic assist kit and then cut a hole in my tailgate for the spare tire. Took the Jeep out to Bunce, Iron Clads, MSV, and Coney today. XJ performed great and we managed to do some plinking with the .22 as well. It was a good day.

Installed the replacement reservoirs up front for the resevoir I damaged . The updated version of these are much better than the old version ... tempted to buy another set to replace the rear older style cans .

Covered the steering lines with protective industrial tape then a wrap of plastic hydraulic line cover then another wrap of industrial tape then welded studs to the trash bar to mount clamps to secure the steering lines .

Pulled the light harness and wrapped the lines in fresh tape and put them into a new non dry cracked conduit and taped that up ran out it back in and put the headerpanel back on.

Welded studs to strut towers to mount the reservoirs as the piggy back mounts are useless as they take up too much room.

Secured the loose harness lines and wrapped them in New conduit.

Finished the outside day by inflating the struts to full extension front and rear in preparation to final clearance the driveshaft yokes at full droop on the truck and give me a ton of room to easily weld in the TMR case support next weekend.

Finished the day by placing orders for... 4 point harness so I have seat belts this labor day on the trail . A cowl intake from Thor as I have the basic parts to make one I just don't have the time before labor day to make one . And a replacement for the wireless warn winch remote I lost in ...lol... 2017 .

I also ordered my 6k axle package but will most likely not get them in time to hang them and clean up the wiring I have screwed up while using my trailer as a work table the last year , So I am pretty much resigned to fact that I will be renting a trailer for those trail days .

Last edited:
Did you ever get your buggy kit?

Yeah, I did. It’s all tacked together and mostly welded. I need to start working on the powertrain and getting it mocked up in the chassis. I plan on working on it this winter. I’ve been focused on my motorcycle this summer.

Imgur isn’t working for me anymore. Every time I try to go to my pictures it says there is an error. So no more picture posting for me unless it’s FB or the forum let’s you upload directly to it.

Someone on the highway helped me do the folding wing mod, YAY!

attachment.php

Two days of rushing miscellaneous crap to be ready for a trail run next week...wish my buddy would stop his obsession with Eagle Rock and Blanca Peak...lol...those are kinda lame for built rigs and I'm wanting to claim Cleavland rock before winter. HC is kinda a far trip for a trail with only Two good obstacles ...the ledge b4 the creek and cleavland rock , but you can enter the trail at the exit to cut in closer to the good stuff...lol...blanca peak just looks looooong and boooooooarrrrinnng ...that mo'fo looked like miles long on YouTube with nothing to do on it but sight see , and ya don't need a sticky tire for eagle rock or Blanca.

Is Cleveland rock even an obstacle for your rig?

It's huge bumped up shelf that you turn around on right after isn't it?

Telluride area trip has me looking for a trans/ tcase leak and my bro tor out a front c.v axle shaft as well as ripped the front diff mounts out on his tacoma, maybe a TRE as well. Ugh

Telluride area trip has me looking for a trans/ tcase leak and my bro tor out a front c.v axle shaft as well as ripped the front diff mounts out on his tacoma, maybe a TRE as well. Ugh

Is you trans input seal leaking ? ... they like to start leaking if you run hot often or really hot a few times . Sounds like your buddy had some pretty good carnage...if accesing the front diff on a Taco is like the new ifs jeep fronts ...lol... that's a suck time pulling apart stuff to fix .

As for Cleavland rock I just need to claim it with decent video... It is a reasonably difficult obstacle for all but a true low center of gravity light weight buggy , yeah it's legit and bragging rights obstacle for full body rig .

Is you trans input seal leaking ? ... they like to start leaking if you run hot often or really hot a few times . Sounds like your buddy had some pretty good carnage...if accesing the front diff on a Taco is like the new ifs jeep fronts ...lol... that's a suck time pulling apart stuff to fix .

As for Cleavland rock I just need to claim it with decent video... It is a reasonably difficult obstacle for all but a true low center of gravity light weight buggy , yeah it's legit and bragging rights obstacle for full body rig .

Back