• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Home

I'm not afraid. I did it, it added 2 hours to my trip. I did in twice in 09 going to Morris Mountain. I'm done with the hassle. Plenty of other stuff North of me that is easier to access. I also hate Atlanta. Reminds me of my Step Daughter.

2 hours?! You must have got stuck in traffic? It's just part of it. I'm not limiting my destination because of a little traffic jam.

I'm going to Colorado the first week in August. I have to go through ATL.

Any time we go through Atlanta we try like stank to make it before 9 AM or after 8 PM...usually works out to not take long at all. Been going through on I-75 every year for 35 years now. Learned my lesson.

I think I slept through it on the way up this year...on the way home it was 104* and of course the AC in both mine and Carmine's tow rigs were very much struggling which sucked big ones.

Sounds like driving thru Louisville.

Yep. I have not towed through there yet though. I use to drive from Vero Beach, FL to New Albany, IN every summer so long drives are not new to me. I just hate Atlanta......... :banghead:

Next year Louisville should be better, 2 new bridges will be open, but you will have to pay to cross....

I live about 1 mile from the only free bridge.....so it doesn't bother me. THe shitty part is they will scan your plate and send you a bill......

I just don't have that much trouble. I blindly drive into ATL at any time. I just expect a delay and I'm fine with it. You know it's going to be busy. Just plan for that and roll through. It's not THAT bad.

Yep. Friday I went just north outside the perimeter to buy a toolbox from a guy. Wasn't that bad. Took me like 30 minutes to get there. Coming home, traffic was gridlocked as far as the eye could see heading north. Luckily I saw it before getting to the on-ramp so I took back roads home. Took me an hour and a half to get back home. It's not bad at all lol

Back