• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Corral Canyon reopening

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
i read this on PBB, so to whom it may concern...

Next work weekend will be February 24, 2007. Workers will probably be the first ones able to run the trails that are to be reopened because of the work done to recover from last years fires.

First Public opening should be March 1st.

Total reopening of all trails can still take another 6-9 months.

This has been a very positive experience for the Forest Service working with the 4 wheeling public. We (4 wheelers) have surprised the Forest Service with the amount of volunteers and the amount of work done by the volunteers for this area.

In Corral Canyon, there will be an area with a seasonal closure for the protection of habitat. Because of this positive working relationship, the input from the CA4WDC Consultant (John Stewart) has been listened to in regards to routing around any 4WD trails and the closures will have no impact on our recreation.

I am sure there are others involved besides John Stewart but I feel it necessary to plug CA4WDC and John because it is always asked "What is CA4WDC doing for us?" Having representation in the Forest Service and BLM decisions is accomplished with dues collected through organizations like CA4WDC and CORVA and others. I encourage membership in Clubs and Organizations to help your/our voices be heard.

Back