• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY AUGUST 14 western Ma trail run

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
summer's a-wastin'! lets hit something here in Western Ma.. the trail we run will be determined by the rigs that sign on... expect something within an hour of the Springfield area..

this is a sunday run to accomodate those who work saturdays and misss out on stuff. be prepared to meet the NAXJA equipment requirements.
you need not be a MEMBER to attend, but applications will be on hand.

BIG-G said:
Hey is there any cost or camping grounds with facilities?? Local food place??? ETC.

this is a day-trip. no cost or camping. if you want to camp thats really up to you. i can help you find a campground.

sidriptide said:
this is a day-trip. no cost or camping. if you want to camp thats really up to you. i can help you find a campground.

Nope; no need to camp, was just curious. Glad to hear the free-be.

Is there different rated trails from stock, lightly modified, and heavily modified????

W/B

Thanks for making it a Sunday...I'm working Saturdays pretty much all summer :wierd:

So I want to go but won't be able to say for sure until about the week before. :sunshine:

BIG-G said:
Is there different rated trails from stock, lightly modified, and heavily modified????

W/B

we're prety much all runing the same trail. i need to know what kind of trail you are expecting and what kind of experience you all have. i know a few already but you new guys should give me an idea. the few i have in mind arent "easy" but certainly a stock XJ will be able to run. it depends on how comfortable you are wheeling your rig and understanding that smaller rigs take more abuse. i have run a "near stock" XJ thru both of these trails, but go-arounds are going to be your friend.

sidriptide said:
we're prety much all runing the same trail. i need to know what kind of trail you are expecting and what kind of experience you all have. i know a few already but you new guys should give me an idea. the few i have in mind arent "easy" but certainly a stock XJ will be able to run. it depends on how comfortable you are wheeling your rig and understanding that smaller rigs take more abuse. i have run a "near stock" XJ thru both of these trails, but go-arounds are going to be your friend.

Ok, i'll give you the listing of what my rig has so far...4.5" lift by springs and AAL. Drop LCA brackets, drop sway bar brackets, steering stablizer and trailmaster shocks. Smitty bars welded up with a steel pipe welded inside 2" down from the rocker pannels as rock sliders. 31X12.5 BFG a/t in the front and BFG m/t in the rear and all at near 100% tread. Size is 325/60/15 so they are wide! Olympic top hat rack loaded with 48" hi-lift jack, 5 gallon jerry can, stock spare and a 325/60/15 tire by itself incase i blow a bead. Rear floods on back of rack. Light bar with 5 hella 550's. Push guard front grill with fogs. Rear tail light protectors. 1" transfer case drop and a 1" crossmember drop.
Performance has a straight pipe into a flowmaster 40 with NO tail pipe, rustys tube with K&N air filter, MSD blaster 2 coil with there 8.5 performance wires, ngk V-groove plugs, accel brass cap & rotor (all new). Hesco hi-flow pump, bored t-housing, 160 thermostat and a 3 row CSF radiator. Yellow top optima battery (gotta get the hold down).
Gear: 20' tow strap w/o metal ends, tools, fuses, lug wrench, jumper cables, heavy duty tow chain, etc.

What i will have by then will be front tow hooks, rear hitch d-ring or hooks, t-case skid fabricated, disconnects all around and a first aid kit

Experience is minimal unless you include all the trails i like to risk on up here on private property!!

I'll send you a PM with this as well so you can give me feedback!
Thanks!!!

im not real concerned with the trees...im seriously wanting someone to aid me in mounting the tow hooks i already have to the front frame somehow. I REALLY want it to pass inspection and i dont wanna do them wrong so there lies my problem. If anyone has seen pics of my rig they may see where i may have difficulty mounting them having the big smitty push bar and stock bumper. Im dirt poor at present time but have the hooks so basically my only thought is to drill and tap 2 holes for each bolt straight into the front frame and bolt em in. Whether or no that is strong enough is beyond me because ive never had to be yanked out of a mud pit using these types of hooks.

Hell if anyone is willing to help out with my tow points and has the proper tools i will most certianly drive down and take the time to learn and help out while someone who knows what there doing gets me ready to hit the trails!!!!!!!
Maybe some pics of people who just have hooks can post em up so i can get an idea and copy the mounting location as best as possible.

??????

ClassicXJ said:
That is really not the correct way to mount a tow hook on the front of a XJ. You need to get yourself a front hitch or a set of hooks and brackets similiar to something like these

http://www.jeepinoutfitters.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=54

I would never give someone a pull with a hook just bolted to the front of a XJ.. there is no real frame there to bolt it to.

I see that but i dont have a pot to piss in at this point in time! The trail run is on the 14th of august and im promising myself to go or i'll kick my own a$$!! I have very little to do to my rig between now and then to be ready but the tow points are killing me. Does anyone out there have a used set of brackets or should i try a scrap yard??
I will take another look underneath to ensure i dont have existing brackets but i guess i will try to find a pair at the swap meet im going to this sunday in Deep Woods Extreme 4WD show Contoocook, NH.

Thanks for your input!

BIG-G said:
I will take another look underneath to ensure i dont have existing brackets but i guess i will try to find a pair at the swap meet im going to this sunday in Deep Woods Extreme 4WD show Contoocook, NH.

I'll bet that you'll find some plates there. Friend of mine is stripping his XJ. I'll check with him today to see if he has any.

Back