• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cool or not so cool? Nissan truck snow-cat

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Saw this near Gunnison on the way home from CO Fest....... I just had to snap some pics. Seems like it's pretty well put together. I'd love to see it in action.

P1010992.jpg

P1010993.jpg

P1010995.jpg

P1010994.jpg

P1010996.jpg

It would be cooler on an XJ, but cool.

double post (stupid refresh button)

XJhabitat said:
jeep made some snowcats i think. or somone made one out of a jeep but i remember somthin like that

I've seen pics of Willys era snowcats with CJ bodies. But they look COLD!!

Kinda cool. Whoever built it put some decent time & thought into it.

I dunno about the ski front thing though. I've had a couple 70's tech (front leaf on spindle) sleds and know how things get stuffed up sometimes. I can't see that setup going well over time (& distance from recovery) on a heavy 'sled' ... But looks like a hoot for backyard snowcross with tunes & heat.

Did I see a $9000 asking price on the window sign?

woody said:

Did I see a $9000 asking price on the window sign?

Nope.......... $4,000.

I just happened to be driving on the 50 on the way to Monarch and I saw this thing on the side of the road. Pretty crazy but looks like someone took some time and thought on it.

I posted a photo on Great lakes 4x4. I was out there a couple weeks ago and had to stop and check it out. It looks like he did a good fab job. It reminds me of other toys like Jeeps and stuff. Put $12,000 in it and sell it for $4000. :)

Back