• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Open ride...

ren

NAXJA Forum User
Jan. 21, 07. Open to all vehicle makes, and build level. This is 5-7 hr ride in the Red River Gorge/ Daniel Boone National Forest. If anyone is interested, let me know. The ride area is considered to be central KY. on the map.

Do you have the exact location town, zip code ect for the area to wheel?
I want to check the distance from my location
Would this be (Sunday) the 21st only or will there be wheeling Saturday 20th as well?

Thanks

Tom

Actually, we are meeting in Stanton, then traveling to Bowen. We don't go thru Slade, as that is where way too many people tend to congrate. The parking becomes a major problem at times, as you have alot of other outdoors types that meet there, also. From Lexington, it is 45 minutes to Stanton. As for wheeling on Sat. the 20, sure, that can be done as there are some camping areas right at the trailhead.
Brian, remember where you saw my black XJ cross the creek in the morning right where you parked (Sandy Lick)? THAT is where we go in to avoid alot of the traffic that I was referring too.
Directions from Lexington: go EAST on I-64 towards Winchester, until you see the sign for the Mt. Parkway,(is about the 97-98 m/m) follow the pkwy. until you see the sign for Stanton, Slade is farther down (go to Slade, went too far). The meeting area is right on the rght side as you exit. We all meet at the parking area by the BP/ foodcourt/McDs' about 9.30.
Look forward to seeing everyone! (Black, lowrider XJ with a BIG seldgehammer of a front bumper)
Ren

Hello

Just a week away and wanted to make sure this ride is still on
There will be three of us from Cincinnati
the plan still just show up Sunday 9:30
at the parking area by the BP/ foodcourt/McDs' .

Yes, the ride is still "go", as far as I am concerned. It is most likely going to be just Sunday the 21, as I have not recieved any replies or post for a Saturday confirmation from anyone, just a few questions inquireing. Thanks for letting me know that you are coming! It's nice to have a few not-so-local people to come ride with us. Thanks again, and looking forward to seeing everyone.
Ren

Yeah, yeah.... it's a bump. Just a reminder, incase anyone is wondering.

Damn, I am going to have to miss the ride that I planned on hosting. I am sorry about this, folks, but we have family concerns that have taken precedence over other things (the kind of thing that you do not wish to have to attend). Once again, I am truly sorry about this. If anyone does come down anyway, please enjoy yourselves.
Ren

Back