• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Cherokee Laredo $700obo

Southerntracker

NAXJA Forum User
89 Cherokee Laredo $700obo
I bought this to make into a trail rig, but right now I don't have the time or money to devote to it, so I'm giving someone else the opportunity to buy it. Buyer is responsible for getting it home as I don't have a trailer or tow dolly. Below is the original description from when I purchased it:

* Vehicle Year/Make/Model: 1989 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4X4
* Miles: 228k
* Price: $500.00 firm
* Title: Salvage or Clear? Clear
* VIN: 1J4FJ58L8KL463728

- Engine: 4.0 I6, stock
- Interior: Grey and reasonably clean.
- Exterior: White, minor cosmetic issues.
- Stereo & Nav: Cassette player.
- Suspension: Stock, newer tires, full size spare.

The Good: Runs and drives. Clean interior. No rust. Shifts fine, four wheel drive works well.

The Bad: Has massive oil leak, rod knock, needs front bumper, windshield, left taillight, passenger side mirror, needs brakes bled. Battery is dead.

The upside to the bad: Have add'l engine going with the truck, newer tires including full size spare, new plugs, new lifters, new sway bar bushings, and lots of new parts recently installed.

Here's some more info from right after I bought it:

Specs: Renix engine, Dana 30 front, Dana 35 rear, NP231 command trac transfer case with the power/comfort switch. Suspension is currently stock. Tires are 235/75/15 w/ around 50% tread, full size spare.

Things that need to be fixed:
oil leak- appears to be rear main seal
engine knock- either rod or lifter, slight tick when oil pressure is high, very loud knock as oil pressure drops due to the leak
emergency brake missing - just the interior lever, not the cable
brakes-soft but working, may just need to be bled.

Photos located on my myspace page.

I'll let it go for $500 if you pick it up by this weekend so I don't have to pay to have it towed to Sumter.

Never mind. Found someone to move it so I'm keeping it for the time being.

Back