• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stroker (finally) installed- before & after pics

finally got my stroker installed last weekend. I started this little project late last november and finally (much to my gf's delight!) got it out of the garage and installed over the weekend. the help of this board (especially Dino!) is greatly appreciated! 98% of my questions were solved with a quick search, and the rest were promptly answered after i posted. this was my first time rebuilding an engine of any sort and i'm very pleased with the results so far! :cheers:

the engine:

engine005.jpg

before:

install01.jpg

during:

install05.jpg

after:

install06.jpg

The engine looks awesome!

I'm sure it took a lot of work.

The only thing i would have done before reinstalling the engine is clean up everything under the hood real nice.....

but you could still always do that now!

CaptTrev

Where are all the Specs!!?

The engine looks great. Almost like it's photochopped into the engine bay. Shoulda done a search on how to best clean up under the hood.

Since you have, no doubt, completed this stroker because of the help from NAXJA, maybe a joining is in order.

Looks great - hope it's as strong as all the others we've heard about. I can't see putting much time into cleaning up the underhood to be all nice and pretty, though. Even for a guy who lives in California! One wheeling trip and it'd be work down the tubes. Besides - who knows what all that quality crud is holding together . . . ?
:spin1:

terry, i have been a member for going on 3 years... just got my renewal letter as a matter of fact :D still waiting for the red user name. ;)

yup i should have cleaned up the engine bay, but the hoist was a weekend loaner and as it turns out, i needed all the time I could get! i might still take a pressure washer to it and clean up what i can reach. i figure the engine will have a nice coat of dust on it in no time :D

as for power gain... no idea, but it definitely has more than before!

i have a detailed list on my other computer that i'll post later, but off the top of my head: '87 renix block, .030" over, decked .010 & matching head with 3-angle valve job, new valve springs & seals, cleaned up the ports a bit. i'm hoping to get a '99 head & intake later so i decided not to waste a whole lot of time on it. 258 crank, 242 rods, accurate power pistons. hi-vol oil & water pumps. mopar/mike leach header. Crane 753901 cam & lifters, new mopar pushrods. bored throttle body. accel 26 lb-hr injectors.

edit: 2 more responses while i was replying! :paperwork

PWRdrill: I honestly have no idea how many hours... just porting the head was a good 12 hours or so. some days i'd work on it for 45 minutes, other days i'd spend a good 8 or 9 hours straight.

Joe: yup, sanden set up for OBA. the new motor has a new compressor and I have the rest of the parts in the garage to replace the old, dead A/C. just have to work up the nerve to replace the evaporator :D all i did was put a breather filter on the intake side, and the discharge went through a check valve, pressure switch, safety valve, oil separator, then went to a small air tank, quick-connect hose fitting, and the front ARB. i hooked up a switch to the interior to energize the system, and the pressure switch took care of the rest.

Last edited:
It looks great and will give you great power and torque (speaking from experience). Hope to see you wheeling.

cbremer said:
terry, i have been a member for going on 3 years... just got my renewal letter as a matter of fact :D still waiting for the red user name. ;)
Good on ya then. Bad on the powers that be.

Seriously though, nice photochop.:D

I'm glad it worked out for you an I'm sure the performance will live up to the looks. I'm certainly very happy with mine (knock on wood) and I'm sure it'll get even better with more miles (only 1700 so far).

Looks great, hope mine comes out that nice. Was that a typo or did you use the 242 rods? I'm using the 258 crank and rods on my Renix build, is there something I am missing? Getting alot of info off of this site, from 5-90 and Dino's site. I would join but sold my doner vehicle after parting what was left. The stroker is going into my CJ7.

Good Luck
Ken

Wow... That really looks nice, and has put all sorts of bad ideas into my head for something to eventually do down the road :) What capacity did you take it out to - 4.5, 4.6, 4.7?

Back