• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Next year's to do list

NAXJA Forum User
1) figure out and fix the strange loud noises coming from my tow rig. I think the flex plate is bad or the TC bolts are loose.

2) try like stink to replace the 10 bolt front with a D-60...way to many broken shafts this year and I don't really want to pile money into the 10B.

3) Save up enough money to go for next year!

4) Try not to go insane since I probably won't get to wheel again until next year.

5) remove rear factory step bumper :( since it's bent all up now and cut the rear of the bedside up then make a new bumper/hitch. She's a mile long so every little bit of clearance helps!

6) pray my D-300 holds up 1 more year...I'm now having trouble getting the rear axle from N to High range. Yay.

7) get into better cardio shape...I'm plenty strong but man this year I was huffin and puffin walking up and down some of those hills...not getting any younger!

A truck..... That doesn't ride like ass.

Another inch of lift and better shocks.

Install bigger mirrors
Get my own personal Baofeng FRS radio - on the way
Install a gear retention system for my cargo - something better than a few straps
Replace front motor mounts with Brown Dogs
Replace transmission cross member
Long arms to get rid of my rock anchors (drop brackets) - perfect opportunity to upgrade crossmember too
New shocks - rears are beat and leaking
Tighten up loose tilt steering column

A truck?! For what?! Aaron don't tow nothing.

He's realizing that driving to and from big events is overrated, and a tow pig is where it's at :)

As for me:

Upgrade front brakes
Replace blown rear shocks
Throw away 1-ton steering for something else
Considering a WJ knuckle swap to take care of the brakes and steering
Find and fix short in speaker wiring that has been a headache for me for several years now.

I think I'd like to:

• upgrade my brakes to the WJ conversion
  • work on a cargo system
  • get my rear shackle location figured out and set
  • Fix my A/C once and for all

Otherwise, I think everything worked like it was supposed to. I would like a tow pig, but I averaged just over 16 mpg at 70 mph over 5 hours there and back, so it wasn't terrible. Advantage this year with a tow pig is that when I split a brake line I could have just pulled it up and parked it and fixed it at home.

Install bigger mirrors
Get my own personal Baofeng FRS radio - on the way
Install a gear retention system for my cargo - something better than a few straps
Replace front motor mounts with Brown Dogs
Replace transmission cross member
Long arms to get rid of my rock anchors (drop brackets) - perfect opportunity to upgrade crossmember too
New shocks - rears are beat and leaking
Tighten up loose tilt steering column

Replace rear spring bushing
Rework exhaust at rear spring

I'd like to cut every ounce of sheet metal off of my Jeep from the firewall back. Replace it all with tube and go from there.

That will likely not happen so I'm planning to drive the baby Jeep to the crawl next year and bring all the ladies along.

Mount a winch
Have a small trailer to put everything in instead of cramming it in the back of the jeep
Get bigger tires (35s hopefully)
Replace the stock trac bar
Ditch the short arms for a mid arm set up
Stay for the entire weekend lol

Gas tank skid plate
new rear shocks
repair and skid the exhaust crossover pipe
next year two weeks in harlan

New AC compressor and working AC
Front 12" travel remote resi shocks
Sub box in rear to double as gear retention device
Wire up rear winch (just in case)
New Brown dogs
Rock lights
New PSC Power Steering Pump
Rebuild johnny joints on long arms
Fix as many rattles as possible..........

Back