• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33x12.50+15x12= i dont know..

If you ever want to run aired down you really risk popping a bead with wheels that wide. 33x12.5 tires run really well on 15x8 rims. a 15x10 is pushing it even.

CanMan said:
Why wouldnt you want to air them down? Sell the 15x12's, get some 15x8's and you will be happy, IMO.

x3

not to mention that the 15x12's will give you a huge stance and very little buldge to stop the rim from hitting things.

punker248 said:
15x10 is pushing it even.

No not really. I know a bunch of people who run 33x12.50 with 15x10 rims aired down without any problems what so ever. You make it sound like he will be blowing a bead every time he is out. I had a pair of 33x12.50 on 15x10s on my jeep last week and they were perfectly fine. A couple of the guys actually suggested that I run that width rim.

I would say ditch the 15x12 and go with a 15x8 or 10. I would prefer the 8's just because, but I would say don't think the 10s are off limits IMO.

Just goes to show ya... if it isn't done on NAXJA > it can't be done!!

771488_3_full.jpg

Yeah, like has been said, the 12" rims are way too wide.

Regarding 10" rims......no one I run with will ever run 10" rims again unless they have BIG tires and beadlocks. We've seen and experienced too many 10" rims loosing beads to make it even remotely desireable. If you have them and like them, fine, just be careful airing down low enough for sand or snow, and watch off camber lines in the rocks or slight sideways pulls with the winch. If you don't have 10" rims and are considering getting them.....don't, 8" rims work very well.

This is for those people afraid of running 10" wide wheels....

SSSSR.gif

This is a chart for Swamper SSRs (only one I could find on quick notice) and if you take a gander... you'll see that the recommended 'minimum' size for a 33X12.50 is an 8.5 inch wheel. The max is 10". So with that said... you're breaking all the rules by going to an 8" wheel!! hahaha.

I know that an 8" wheel will hold a bead better when aired down but it just looks stupid to me.

!!!1
(I think it's dead now)

DeezUU said:
This is for those people afraid of running 10" wide wheels....

This is a chart for Swamper SSRs (only one I could find on quick notice) and if you take a gander... you'll see that the recommended 'minimum' size for a 33X12.50 is an 8.5 inch wheel. The max is 10". So with that said... you're breaking all the rules by going to an 8" wheel!! hahaha.

I know that an 8" wheel will hold a bead better when aired down but it just looks stupid to me.

!!!1
(I think it's dead now)
A guy asked for opinions, people gave their's and didn't agree with you, why the crusade? I personally would tend to go with what CanMan or Old Man say just since they've been around and are pretty knowledgeable and have lots of experience.

DeezUU said:
Just goes to show ya... if it isn't done on NAXJA > it can't be done!!

771488_3_full.jpg
Wow. Still running at 30psi in that photo? That's the 50' away shot, let's see how the rims look from closer in? Is that your rig? How'd the front driver's side tire fare in a drop onto it like that?

12" wide rim would suck on a 12.5" wide tire... I have 10" wide rims on 13.5" wide tires and last time out... I blew a bead with some pressure on the sidewall going down a tight trail.

in my opinion... if you plan on offroading the vehicle... you MUST go w/ 8" or 9" wide rims

Back