• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

photography

My wife and I were professional photographers for many years. I shot large and medium format for years. I now shoot a cheap Nikon D5000 and do HDR.

Do a search, there's been a few threads regarding NAXJA and our photographic members. Also, check out the Picture forum. I know users can't post there, but I think you can read. :)

I've been using a Canon PowerShot 120 IS lately and love it.
IMG_2288.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2077.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2078.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_2209-1.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

MVI_2020003_2__0001.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg

will do.. in the few years ive been on naxja i never really looked around for people into photography.. I have seen a few nice pics in the picture forum but havent seen anyone actually talk about them enjoying photography as a hobby.

very cool old_man.. (dont take that the wrong way) haha. have some pictures youd like to share? I always love admiring nice pictures especially of jeeps and the places they take us!

I've been using a Canon PowerShot 120 IS lately and love it.
very cool man! is it a point and shoot or dslr type?
I def enjoy taking pics like the water wheel one you have. I totally dig the way waterfalls look when you turn the aperture up and the slow the shutter speed down to create the foggy looking water!

gotta admit though my fav type of photography is def long exposures...
this one was taken about 1am while camping with a 20 minute shutter speed
DSC03340scopy.jpg

Also a long exposure at night while camping
DSC03503s.jpg

DSC03534sss.jpg

my buddy brad riding
DSC03675ssssssseeeees.jpg

DSC03694sss.jpg

DSC03703sss.jpg

DSC04021sssssssssssss.jpg

DSC04045ssssss.jpg

DSC04046SSSSSSSSSSSSS.jpg

DSC04058SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.jpg

DSC04059hdhdhdhhdd.jpg

what i enjoy doing most at 2 am!!!
DSC04749.jpg

criticism welcome! i also look to learn more to improve my pictures!!!

Last edited:
I've got a Nikon D60 with a handfull of lenses and a flash n stuff. Most of my stuff is on Flickr, but a lot of my most recent stuff I've been too lazy to host there... I should probalby get on that. I've just been putting it on Facebook.

I just got a T2i w/ a half nice lense and love it.

I would like to be able to spend more time with it though if I wasn't wrenchin so much. :repair:

Nikon D80 here with an 18-200 DX lens and a 50mm 1.8.

Rumors of a new D800. Basiccly a D700 with 1080P video and the sensor from a D3s. Stable down well below 12000 ISO with no or little noise.

I WILL own one of these.

gotta admit though my fav type of photography is def long exposures...
Done a few of those. Close to one of the last rolls of film I shot. I did a 5 min. exposure of the wagon on the side of a road in northern Nevada. Shot came out pretty good,... Cool effects. Sorry, no copy to post online. Haven't done any digital conversions, so it's all hard copy.

I'm strictly amateur when it comes to the photo stuff. Current camera is a point&shoot Cannon powershot A-560(about 4 years old, 7mp) It's OK. Takes good pics, but I don't really like the camera itself(no apparent reason, just a general "meh" feeling about it.

'Last film camera was a Cannon EOS Rebel with a 28-80 EF series zoom lens, which I hated. Probably had something to do with my stubborn insistence that the damn thing should be able to take a picture without wrestling with it for 45 seconds first. Maybe if I'd read the manual,...

My first(and best) film camera was a Pentax ME super. Almost full manual, but it did have a built-in light meter and an automatic aperture mode for when I wanted to be lazy. Eventually had a pretty big collection of glass for it, including a truly enormous 500mm lens. That thing was great.

I've got a really old Olympus something or other, picked it up at a garage sale years ago. I've gathered a collection of lenses for it, from super wide angle fisheyes to creepy neighbor 800mm lenses, they're all fun. Film photography has been a side hobby of mine since I was old enough to understand it, I develop em too. Don't have any digital copies of my film, but here's a few taken with various DSLRs. The files are huge though, so these are downsized (read: lower quality).

Mt. Evans area
shwayder2007lyd015.jpg

LOL
dscf0078i.jpg

From when I ran the stables at a summer camp... encouraging the kid to get on a horse cause he was afraid of em.
dscf9573x.jpg

Buddy of mine on a rock
n6860589637907465779.jpg

Mt. Bierstadt, easiest 14er ever.
p1010089z.jpg

Mt. Evans area
p6230091.jpg

Valley right below Mt. Evans
p7100167.jpg

Mt. Evans area. That Bristlecone Pine tree is one of the oldest trees in the world. Cool chit.
p7280039.jpg

Camping
p7280067.jpg

On an island off the coast of B.C.
saltspringisland2007but.jpg

Same island, in a kayak
saltspringisland2007004.jpg

This one's my desktop background.
saltspringisland2007056.jpg

More island
saltspringisland2007065.jpg

This one won me money
saltspringisland2007087.jpg

very cool man! is it a point and shoot or dslr type?

It's a 10mp point and shoot that is pretty adjustable. This is a just taken picture of AMT's 1/25 2009 Challenger R/T that I just finished building a few hours ago, and that glitter does show up amazing well with it set on 10mp.

IMG_2536.jpg

very I def enjoy taking pics like the water wheel one you have. I totally dig the way waterfalls look when you turn the aperture up and the slow the shutter speed down to create the foggy looking water!

I can't remember what setting I had the camera on for those pics, I was just running around Silver Dollar City taking random pictures that I thought looked like they'd be cool.

I have an Nikon F-90X (F-90S in USA, bought it in France) primary camera after my dads N-90 died.

I also collect cameras (Also use them): Yashicamat medium format TLR, a Zenit Photosniper and a MC zenit 16mm fisheye.

I built a Darkroom in my basement in 11th grade. kinda stopped practicing since HS, now looking into a 5D MKII, since I gave my Rebel XT to my sister. oh also my pride and joy is my sigma 70-200 f/2.8 which is sadly under used.

Nikon D80 here with an 18-200 DX lens and a 50mm 1.8.

Rumors of a new D800. Basiccly a D700 with 1080P video and the sensor from a D3s. Stable down well below 12000 ISO with no or little noise.

I WILL own one of these.

and now that i know about it... i want one!!!!! haha.. that sounds awesome! rumors on the price?

Back