• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slick Rock/ Deer Valley

Jeep450r

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Ill be up at my cabin at Lake Alpine this upcoming week (6-13th) and will be running slick rock or deer valley sometime throughout the week. If anybody would like to come up and tag along, let me know!

ill be playing around on slick rock on friday and sat, probably wheel out sunday.
ill be in my gray xj on 35s
the other is a white xj on 31s
and a wrangler on 32s

we will either camp on the south side near the bridge or at the cool money spot when you go right down the access road at the stair steps by the reservoir

Crap! I'd love to wheel those trails except I moved a camp trip to this weekend. It originally conflicted with Sierra Fest so I moved it up a few weeks. Oh well, I'm not ready to tackle the last obstacle on Slick Rock anytime soon anyway...Enjoy the trip.

Crap! I'd love to wheel those trails except I moved a camp trip to this weekend. It originally conflicted with Sierra Fest so I moved it up a few weeks. Oh well, I'm not ready to tackle the last obstacle on Slick Rock anytime soon anyway...Enjoy the trip.

You could easily tackle that last obstacle. I went there with a group from JeepForum just the other week and I walked right up it without any winching. And Im open/open on 31s

:patriot:I would like to ride along. i am going to be up at Slick Rock August 7 or 8 for a day trip. i will be in a white one with wood grain. Hope to see u up there.

hey i think i sawy your white xj with wood grain, thats cool!
we played on the granite in the back camping areas alot saturday and ran up and down the stair steps a couple times as well. it was fun!!!
all i did was bend my tie rod a little bit, i drove home on it so im guessing its ok for now.

oh yah and the weird creaking up front went away by saturday night.....

Ballma - I saw you there. Nice looking rig you got there. What axles are you running?

Jon - Thats pretty weird. From the few times I actually heard it, Id say it was your locker skipping or something. My friend blew up a Ford 9" in his 68 Lincoln Continental while doing a burn out. It shattered the spiders and took some teeth off of the ring gear. And then theres that guy in the ZJ I was telling you about that blew up the spiders in his rear axle... the sound yours was making sounded similar to both of them but not as loud.

I know it went away but if it ever comes back, Id take a good look at that 30.

yah i dunno. it was fine sat night and sunday. who knows.
my guess is that it was having to do with the coils and the discos rubbing.

i did bend my tie rod though.

Ill be posting pics in my "Hero" Blog when i get home.

Back