• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Participants so far and Trails

SandySteve

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
NAXJA Moniker # Participants
Alan S 1
Bjorn86 1
Bloose 1
Charles S 1
chesterbuggle 1
Floyd XJ 1 Saturday Only
J-9 1
jmaxj 1
Meat__ 1
Mike R 1
moparcyco 1
need-a-bow ?
Old Man 1
OT 1
puttzer #1 1
puttzer #2 1
SandySteve 1
smsorensen 2
tcharon 2
Wayne XJ 1
wheelinscott 1
XJ_Ike 2
XJEEPER 1

That is 23 vehicles so far. That means that we will need to make it an official event and to pay the BLM their annual user fee. If we make it $5.00/day and waive the fee if you lead a trail ride we can probably just about break even.

So far, Pritchett, Hells Revenge have been requested. Looks like we could have 3 groups each day if they split fairly evenly. I suggest one 7-mile rim, one to Top of the World, and Poison Spider. What else are people interested in running?

I also suggest a dinner Friday evening at the old Park pavillion if I can get it reserved. Starting this late, there will not be much of a raffle unless I can get some help contacting vendors for donations. With organizing everything esle and work I probably won't have time.

Finaly PM me if you are volunteering to lead a trail or can help out in any other ways such as contacting vendors. Thanks all.

Last edited:
I want to run White Rim Trail. It would mean leaving around dawn since the actual trail is just over 100 miles.

For those interested in the White Rim Trail, I did some research. As of September 1, 2015 all vehicles must have a day-use permit for this trail. The groups are limited to 3 vehicles and groups must be spaced 30 minutes apart. Here is the link: http://www.nps.gov/cany/planyourvisit/dayusepermits.htm This puts a damper on a big group trail ride, but I am still open to the suggestion if we can get a quick head-count and then apply for permits.

Well barring any unforeseen problems I will be there. I will be running the trail, either in a group or by myself. If someone wants to tag along, unofficially of course, I don't have a problem. I will be stopping to take a ton of pictures.

I just want to say I will be in Moab Monday through Friday and will be leaving for home on Saturday morning.

I am 100% interested in running Pritchett. I've volunteered to lead it in the past but the fact is it'd be much better for someone else to lead it.

I'm just throwing this out there so that if possible the Pritchett run could be planned for during the week and not on Saturday.

Other than Pritchett I'm pretty much open to running anything and everything.

For those interested in the White Rim Trail, I did some research. As of September 1, 2015 all vehicles must have a day-use permit for this trail. The groups are limited to 3 vehicles and groups must be spaced 30 minutes apart. Here is the link: http://www.nps.gov/cany/planyourvisit/dayusepermits.htm This puts a damper on a big group trail ride, but I am still open to the suggestion if we can get a quick head-count and then apply for permits.

They have done the same crap down in Canyonlands where I like Elephant Hill. Oh and the Canyonlands Park fee jumps up from $15 per vehicle to $25 per vehicle October 1st.

Back