• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 MJ Part Out

Lowrange2

NAXJA Forum User
Fellas,

1988 Jeep Comanche 2.5 4 banger, AX4

I have:

2- sets of good tail lights. - $100 per set plus shipping

2- sets of rear bed flares in good shape. - $75 per set plus shipping One set of them is missing the metal backing pieces that go on the inside of the fender. Bolts work just as well.

2- rear bumpers in OK shape. They aren't perfect but they aren't mangled either. - $75 each plus shipping... (I'd hate to see shipping prices on those...)

1- Tail gate in OK shape. No major dents or dings. Tail gate handle/mechanism is frozen up and will need to either be replaced or rebuilt. $80 plus shipping.

1- white short bed. The rear half of the truck is still attached to this and is rusted awefully... so it's HEAVY. The fenders have rust above flare. Make a decent trailer. $75 - pick-up only.

1- Fuel sender. (Short bed) Unknown condition at the moment. It worked just fine when I parked the truck 2 months ago and registered correctly when I put gas in it last week. May need a new pump as I couldn't get the truck to start due to lack of fuel.

2- Fuel tanks. Both from short beds. $50 each plus shipping. (Can you ship a gas tank?)

1- Fully dressed 2.5 engine - You'll have to help me remove it. I'll already have the transmission off so it'll be a breeze. It'll just be sitting on the two motor mount bolts. I have an engine hoist. It runs great but since I'll have removed the transmission and fuel tank I can't really demonstrate. Bring an electric fuel pump and a can of gas if you want to hear it run. Not sure of the mileage at the moment. $150 pick-up only.

1- AX4 transmission $75 pick up only.

1-Camper shell $75 pick up only.

1- COMPLETE set-up to convert to external slave cylinder. $275 plus shipping for everything. The only thing that's not brand new is the bell housing and retainer plate.
1-External slave Bell housing
1-Brand New Clutch Kit. I still have the box. It was installed in the truck but never left the yard. Includes clutch, throw out and alignment tool.
1-External slave throw out bearing retainer plate.
1-Clutch Fork
1- Pre-bled Slave Cylinder/Master Cylinder assembly. Installed but New never left the yard.

I think that's about it. If you see something else in the pictures you want or need something in particular let me know.

All items are located in Abbeville SC.

Thanks! Andy

DSCF7385.jpg

DSCF7384.jpg

DSCF7383.jpg

DSCF7386.jpg

DSCF7388.jpg

THE GRAY BED IS ALREADY SOLD.

MJ3.jpg

MJ7.jpg

MJ5.jpg

MJ4.jpg

MJ2.jpg

MJ1.jpg

The white bed came from this truck. It was in the yard since the frame rusted in half between the cab and bed...

2012-01-13_11-53-55_555.jpg

Could the black one be made "whole" again into a running, driving MJ?

I'm sure it could be.

Fuel pump doesn't seem to be pumping
Need to put the bearing retainer plate that I got from Glenn in it.
Needs a battery
Needs rear brake job
Needs Door hinge re-welded and striker bolt patched back in.

Basically, it's more work than I have time to put in it. No one wants to buy it since I can't start it and I want the wheels and tires off of it to go on my trailer for the time being. I figured it may benefit more people to part it. :)

I'll list just the body once most of the stuff is gone. Once it's gone the remnants will head to the scrap yard unless you want to add them to your collection...

Last edited:
Truck has a Dana 35. 4.10 gears. It'll need brakes but the rest is in good shape. $100. Pick-up only.

It also has a high horse power 2wd front beam $1,900. I'll deliver this as far as California for free.

Andy, was there ever a price on the whole MJ? I remember you were trying to sell it as a package with another XJ but maybe someone would still want to keep the thing alive?

I've tried. It's been on CL and numerous forums for about 6 months. I haven't had one serious offer and anyone who comes to look at it just wants something cheap to drive. They get there and see that it needs a lot of work and run.

I get nothing but super low ball offers and folks that just want parts off of it.

I do have a guy wanting the cab/frame for a project. Perhaps, that will keep it out of the crusher.

Plus, the tires are already on my trailer. lol

It works but it's a pain to deal with. I'm not sure it'd be much better than what you have.

By the time I could pull it Nick will already have the truck in Raleigh so you can get what ever he wants to sell you off of it.

;)

Andy, I was just getting ready to ask you what you would take for all of it. I'm trying to decide if I'm bringing a car trailer of a utility trailer and how bad its gonna hurt when the wife finds out LOL!

Looks like you already sold the truck though.

It's not set in stone. Nick has the ball for the rest of the truck. He hasn't given me a definite yes or no.

If he's not interested you can load the whole thing up. The only thing that hurts me with letting the whole truck go is the 350 bucks I have invested in the external slave set-up. I was going to pull all that out and sell it separately but I really don't have time for all that so I may just have to bite the bullet and let it go.

This stuff is gone already:

Tailgate
Tail lights and harness
Chrome drip rail trim
drivers side a-pillar plastic
Tires. (It's sitting on bare rims.)

All the rest is still there.

I'm still working on her. A fine Italian restaurant and a couple of glasses of wine did not work:(

I try another approach tomorrow, jewelry haha!

Just do what i do and bring it home. Its not too cold to sleep outside yet.

LOL! Well despite my best efforts I have been unsuccessful. Maybe if we didn't already have 6 other Jeeps in the driveway.

Andy, I will be down in a week or so to get the bed only. The guy that wanted the gate texted me and no longer wants it. Not sure if he notified you or not.

No, he did not let me know. Seems to be the way folks handle business these days.

Thanks for the effort. The bed is still waiting on you.

Sorry to hear that. I really wish I could get the truck. I know I'm going to be pissed in a year or so when I start looking and can't find a cheap project truck.

Oh well. I have to spend the money to fix my Commander now. I backed into it with the trail rig today so it needs a little love to the left front fender. That will probably cost me $400 at least.:wierd:

Back