• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Benefit Ride Marion, NC

XJfreakHO

NAXJA Forum User
Benefit invite for Greg Cannon
Saturday July 24th

Greg is the brother of one of Rock Corps 4X4 members, Brian Cannon.
Greg has been battling a MRSA infection for months now. He has had some better days, some bad days and some worse days. He has undergone several procedures, many different types of antibiotics. The MRSA has shown up in about every part of his body, including his lungs. His latest bout was with his feet. He had to have them cut open, and cleaned and is currently undergoing yet another regiment of antibiotics. He is now at home, with a home health nurse coming by everyday to care for his feet and inject antibiotics. All the while, medical bills are piling up, and he can't work. He does have insurance, but it doesn't cover everything. Not just medical, but other bills are piling up too. I am not trying to be too graphic here, just trying my best to explain the severity of the situation.
So we, Rock Corps 4X4, are having a benefit ride/fun day. I do apologize for such short notice, but the need is now.We need the entire 4X4 community to help out, we need you to bring your family and your friends!

Gate to open Friday afternoon the 23rd
Going to do things a little different, to make it fun for all

We are going to have a show and shine to start off with. Line up all trail rigs and they will be judged. Now when I say shine, might be a little different as to how you think shine. I am not talking about being able to eat off of it, or how well you can see your reflection. I am talking how modified, how prepared, and so on. More on that later, but that gives you an idea. I will gather a impartial group of judges to judge them on a given format.

At the same time the show and shine is going on, we will have a peoples choice award, $1, one vote. Rig with most votes, wins. Everyone who attends can vote, and everyone can vote as much as they want. Proceeds going toward the benefit.

There will be other things to compete in. I won't say what, but it's all for fun and for the benefit.

I do plan on trophies for the winners.
Cost will be a $10 donation for every rig and driver, and $5 for all passengers and spectator

The infamous, often simulated, never duplicated Terry Moorefield "your Hot Dog Guy" will be there with his refreshments, and awesome hot dogs. COME HUNGRY!

I would love to do a raffle. If enough vendors and individuals commit to giving of an item or a service, we will do so. So, if you are in such a position PLEASE contact me via PM and we can get this part going too.

Remember this is for fun and for a good cause, more details as they develop
------------------------------------------------------

Quoted from this thread:
http://nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92614

Lots of new information, lots of big items in the raffle, really a great event, and a great place, went for an ECORS race and the trails are prety intense, good for anything from stock to buggys. For a great cause.

Check it out folks.

Back