• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWC Scratch & Dent BBQ

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
Re: Scratch & Dent BBQ

It is official.... Check is in the mail:D

What: The 1st Annual Summer NAXJA (NWC) BBQ
Where: Lake Sammamish State Park (Main park entrance, past ticket booth and keep right)
When: Saturday, July 21st between 10:00am and Dusk
Cost: $5 per family to attend and includes a XJ for judging and 2 passes on the RTI Ramp.

Getting There: I-90 exit (900 Renton Issaquah RD SE). Turn Left (over the freeway) and turn Left at NW Sammamish RD. Main entrance to the park is a short distance on your Right. Go through the ticket booths (not active) and keep right. Parking will be roped off and all the way to the end.

Activities: The event will start at 10:00 and go till Dusk. The Main events and BBQ will start at about Noon so that people can be there early and leave early or get there later and leave later. We will have a semi formal car show of sorts so bring your Jeep prepared to show, stage, prep, etc. We will have some sort of awards (more for fun, than anything else).

We will have a RTI Ramp, everyone can have 2 chance to "ramp there XJ's (1 time forwards, 1 time backwards).

There is plenty of room to toss/kick a ball, swim, etc.

Food: Everyone is required to bring your own meat to cook and a side dish to share (salads, pastas, desserts, etc). There will not be food provided by the club, you eat what you bring and share with others. Please be prepared to provide your own condiments, dishes, silverware, etc.

Other: I will be asking a select few people individually (off line) for some help with a few of the activities and events (so that this does not all lie on 1 person's shoulders). If there are particular events or parts of this that you would like to be apart of the planning/execution please let me know ASAP so that I can include you. We will need help in cooking, RTI Ramp, Car Show, Judging/awards, other?

There is very little shaded areas and they go quickly (along with tables and BBQ's. If you have pop up shade protection I recommend you bring it. Extra folding tables and chairs would be a good idea also.

Come prepared to have some fun!!

Michael

Back