• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the RIGHT and FREE way to wire LED's guide

trippled

NAXJA Forum User
i have never been able to find a definite solution to converting the xjs independent bulbs to a single common bulb. i have heard of using trailer converters but never got these to work for me. so after a week of staring at wiring diagrams i finally found the solution, tried it out and it works like a champ!

Note: this was done on a 92 xj. this will probably only work on another xj using this same wiring harness.

underneath the dash, near the steering column and to the rite, there is a connector. it is black, about 3in wide, 2 long and a 1/4in thick. it has 10 terminals, with wires going to the steering column and to a large bundle of wires. on the connector with the wires going to the steering column, there is a white or tan (no tracer) wire on the side. this wire is labled "P" on the connector. Make sure this is the correct wire!!! the other side of the connecter has no wire going to this terminal. this is a stop lamp feed for a comanche, which is a common bulb taillight. Now, from the brake light switch ( the switch connected to the brake pedal) there is a white wire. follow this wire. on my jeep i followed it thru 2 connectors about 2in from each other. after the 2nd connector, it changed to a white wire with a tan tracer. this is the brake light wire. cut this wire. take the end connected to the brake switch and connect it to the "P" terminal on the connector. do not do anything with the other end. reconnect the connector, making sure it is properly aligned. the brake lamp is now wired thru the turn signal wires. wire the turn signal wire into the brake/turn terminal of the leds and done!

hope this works for yall!

Bringing this back from the dead here, but I just effectively used this to get my new taillights to work. Only thing I did a bit differently was instead of making the white/tan wire go into the harness black and connect to the white wire on pin P I removed the white wire from pin P and soldered it to the white/tan wire. Works great, I only wish I'd read tyhis before spending the money on those useless trailer converters. BTW, mine is a 92 also.

I also wasn't doing this for LED, I went with this little setup right here:
026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

022.jpg

Hmm.

I wonder if this is the same on renix.
I would doubt that the wire colors would be the same but it should.

Back