• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gas prices...wtf

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
OK, gas prices jumped $.15 a gallon over the weekend and went up another $.05 in the last day. WTF is going on, wholesale prices have not changed in about 4 weeks and they actually went down.
Price last friday, $2.19, prices tues $2.35, today $2.40.

my buddy read an article that said we should expect prices at $3 per gallon by memorial day weekend :cry:

Gas is one of those things that Americans HAVE to have so the oil companies can charge whatever they want. Kind of like health care. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your view), there's no gas insurance to cover some of the expense. Apparently, gas also seems to be exempt from the laws of supply and demand. If there could be an organized nationwide boycott of just one oil company (Shell, Exxon, pick one, doesn't matter) for a week or two, I think the oil companies would think twice about screwing with the prices like they have.

and i nominate to put you in charge of organizing this, 20 cent jump in the last 2-3 weeks here

Yes,... after the Katrina scam when gas prices rocketed, our federal politicians trotted out all of the big oil executives on national television and made headlines and a circus out of the affair with their "investigation" into unwarranted price hikes. The backlash of that debacle will be that consumers will now pay even more at the pump.

When the last lobbyist is dead and politicians can run for office without the financial support of special interest groups, then we will truly have a democracy by and for the people. Until then, we will be governed by individuals who more often than not, are totally out of touch with their constituents.

Last edited:
Back