• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Happy Thanksgiving

thanks howard!!

remember while eating turkey that dark meat is as such because it is primarily composed of slow-twitch muscle fibers - which are full of myoglobin (the muscular system version of hemoglobin), and white meat is primarily composed of fast-twitch muscle fibers. think about it, turkey breast muscles aren't really used for flying, so they're GONNA be white. a turkey flying is like *FLAPFLAPFLAPLAND*, so there's no endurance involved. all fast-twitch.

ok now that i have dorked out entirely too much, enjoy your turkey.

i will be enjoying my delicious...
tofurky.JPG

I hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving Day. I am very fortunate, I have my mother over here visiting, my two son's and daughter will be here, my wife's brother and his family will be here in the morning, and my wife's parents will be here too. And last but not least, Karl will be joining us for dinner too.

As a retired "lifer", my most sincere thoughts and prayers are with all of you in the service that can't be with family this holiday.

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving to all!! And for anybody wheeling try to avoid Snoqualmie Pass. Traffic from rock slides is supposed to suck this weekend.

Mark

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

May you all eat too much turkey ham or whatever it is you eat.

BTW thanks Walter for the enlightening information about the difference, i will never look at white and dark meat the same. It won't slow me down, but it's still interesting.

My heart goes out to all those who have loved ones in the service that cannot me home this year.

Dingo

Double bladed Thanksgiving around here.

Glad to be home with my family, but half of my family stayed behind in St. Louis for the weekend. Wish I could have stayed, but it is so nice to be back home with my wife.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Back