• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford Explorer 8.8 Axle

Team Willys

www.rocksolidfab.com
Hey guys... Ive got an 8.8 for sale from a 2001 explorer. 31 spline axles and disc brakes. The ultimate swap in for an XJ/MJ/YJ/TJ. It has a 3.73 gear and is open diff, but I have a posi unit availible as well.

Asking Price is $350 as is, or $375 with the posi carrier. This thing is in my way and I need it gone!

By the way... it also comes with u bolts and spring plates, so all you would need to swap into a leaf sprung vehicle would be 2 perches and shock mounts...

I'm really interested but $350 is a little pricey for me. Would you be willing to drop to $300?

I can do that. I'll get one for you this weekend. I'll grab you the yoke adapter for the stock size 1310 U-joint. Any preference on gears? How about a Posi? I can't promise anything, but I will most likely have a few to choose from so I might be able to get a certain ratio or posi if you have a preference. Most are 3.73s and open, but there are a few posi ones, as well as some that came with 4.10s. But that is as low as it got for stock gears. PM me ASAP and let me know.

Also, you gonna put it in yourself? I can install it too if you need somebody to do so.

I can do that. I'll get one for you this weekend. I'll grab you the yoke adapter for the stock size 1310 U-joint. Any preference on gears? How about a Posi? I can't promise anything, but I will most likely have a few to choose from so I might be able to get a certain ratio or posi if you have a preference. Most are 3.73s and open, but there are a few posi ones, as well as some that came with 4.10s. But that is as low as it got for stock gears. PM me ASAP and let me know.

Also, you gonna put it in yourself? I can install it too if you need somebody to do so.

Thanks a lot man but I actually found one in Murfreesboro. Postal is gonna sell me his 8.8. I appreciate your willingness to help though.

Anybody want one? Price is lowered to $300. I can deliver if you are somewhat close to chattanooga.

Back