• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I wish my garage was heated

Quacked

NAXJA Forum User
I have this awesome garage at my house, 30x30. I wish I was done with school so I could 220, insulate, and heat it.

I need to rebuild my front and rear ends. It will not be fun in my crushed granite driveway in zero degree temps.

Sorry just dreaming.

You can buy a kerosene salamander type heater. A hundred and some bucks. About 350000 to 50000 btu. I used them when I was young but my sinus cant tolerate it now. Use some venting and remember its a temporary heat source but it is a cheap way to go. I still have mine and used it outdoors pointed at me and it helps alot. Had a propane model and returned it, stunk like heck.

If your propane salamander stunk, either something else was on the burner, or something was way wrong. A properly adjusted propane burner has practically no odor.

ChiXJeff said:
If your propane salamander stunk, either something else was on the burner, or something was way wrong. A properly adjusted propane burner has practically no odor.
BS...propane stinks when it burns. Come ride the trams at Disneyland and then tell me otherwise.

The kerosene ones stink a little too, especially when they start, but it"s not so bad if the garage is detached, and a small price to pay for fast heat. A good big one will heat the space up even without insulation, and it"s quick enough to warm the space that you don"t need to leave it on all night either. My shop used to be insulated, but most of the insulation fell out of the ceiling. I have a 100 thousand BTU kero salamander, and it doesn"t take long at all to bring the place up to 50 or so, which is fine for working. Noisy, though.

Anyway, I"d still do it in the garage rather than the driveway even without heat. At least you"re out of the wind.

I use a torpedo heater running off of propane. Heats my two and a half stall garage quickly and stays heated for a couple of hours. The furnace I just picked up for fifty bucks is going to work out nicely though. Already have a natural gas line and a thermostat from the previous owner. Next weekend it will be wired and piped in.

Kim.

85xjwoody said:
I use a torpedo heater running off of propane. Heats my two and a half stall garage quickly and stays heated for a couple of hours. The furnace I just picked up for fifty bucks is going to work out nicely though. Already have a natural gas line and a thermostat from the previous owner. Next weekend it will be wired and piped in.

Kim.
nice score on the furnace kim.
Adding heat to my garage is on the list. I've got a duct from the main furnace, but tis' not really that effective.

I wish my garage wasnt imaginary

doh, forgot the you're thing, the rest is self explanatory ;)

:laugh:

Ramsey said:
doh, forgot the you're thing, the rest is self explanatory ;)

No, you see, it's not self explanatory. Anne Frank was a Dutch Jewish teenager who wrote a very famous (and worth reading) diary recounting her experiences hiding from the Nazis, until her family was captured, and she was sent to a concentration camp, where she died. She was not visually impaired as far as I can recall. Your reference does not seem to make much sense.

Makes perfect sense to me and to at least a few others on here, you'll be experienced one day.

Matthew Currie said:
No, you see, it's not self explanatory. Anne Frank was a Dutch Jewish teenager who wrote a very famous (and worth reading) diary recounting her experiences hiding from the Nazis, until her family was captured, and she was sent to a concentration camp, where she died. She was not visually impaired as far as I can recall. Your reference does not seem to make much sense.

Should be like 'Even Stevie Wonder could see you're a tard'.

I like my heated shop. But then again we don't get cold like some of you do.

Back