• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is it possible? 97+ door swap while retaining 96- door panels.

Drra18

NAXJA Forum User
Here goes my first post here. I am looking to swap my 88 doors out for 97+ doors. Is it possible to retain my 88 doors panels on the 97+ doors? Sorry in advance if this is a dumb question or if this has been answered elsewhere.

Do you have details on what it takes to change out just the glass? That is really what I want to do. I looked into that but I could not find much information about it.

yes, you can do the swap, but it takes some creativity. I am almost done with converting mine. I wanted to retain my interior and upgrade to one piece windows. I first thought about making the window tracks work with the old door, but there is too much headache getting the regulator to work. I was able to find a pair of used 97+ manual doors..
The only fab you have to do is:
Holes for door panel clips, arm rest mounts, interior handle/lockrods and modify the door striker on the body.
The old door cranks will not attach to the new regulator, i'm using the new style for now.
The good news is that the hole for the window crank is in the right spot
I will post up some pictures when I get a chance.

Back