• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.6 Stroker happiness

kf_chris

NAXJA Forum User
I happily picked up the jeep from Tyler last night. It pulls. Nuff said. I am completely pleased with the quality of work, communication, and ability of Tyler and RSOR Offroad. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this. My jeep rules. Oh and I attached pics of the new parts that I have yet to install. Ford 8.8 LSD, HP30 locked, AA SYE and Tom Woods DS. 4.10 gears should help the already IMPRESSIVE pick up.
The pics and videos should speak well as a testament. I'll have some acceleration video sometime when I can swing the time for it.

Oh and Tyler/Dan...that wheel is dented and that IS where it leaks. Fortunately the spare was close and is now on.

underhood1.jpg

underhood2.jpg

newparts.jpg

Looks good. It's to believe a week ago I saw the same block and heads of that same engine waiting on pistons and rods. Very clean install too.

It looks like RSOR did a neat job fabbing the coil pack brackets to work with the earlier head.

I bet that thing will scooooot.

Looks like a 00-01 from the distributorless ignition am I right? If it is did you use the 0331 head or swap out for a 97-99 head?

Chris's Jeep is a 2000 and did have the 0331 head. While his was an un-cracked casting, I wasn't very comfortable with it since they have a bad reputation. I got a 91-95 HO head, had it ported and polished and put it on the 00 block.

Back