• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWC Buyer/Seller Feedback

yep rob at ram is a good guy to deal with and he is into jeeps and muscle cars too and ken has ran the drive line shop at six states for 26 years and is a great help on my builds its the only place i go for drivelines both are recomended

BDC Fabrication in Portland Oregon , I wouldn't trust him I paid him $1500 1yr 3mo ago for a custom rear bumper and have nothing for it ,I even asked him to ship it to me unfinished .He pulled his facebook page down so beware.

Posted by odgreenon35s, from CF, after he researched it a bit because he knows him somewhat.

"Ill say it. Dont buy anything from him. He got booted from his place due to the city buying it and most of his equipment was stolen.

Op he is trying to figure it out. He hasn't replied to emails because he didn't want to just give excuses. His phone is shut off. That's why no reply that route.

I hope he will make it right and this can all resolved.

Sorry op. Good luck my friend"

Sucks to see local guys go under=[

So I installed a JCR OTK steering kit about a year ago now. sunday I went to adjust the drag link and re-grease all the tre's. I tried to lock down the jam nut on the axle side of the drag link, but it was striped. (I think I did that) At this point I needed to remove said TRE and replace the 7/8-18 LH jam nut. well after some brute force, four letter words, and a few funny looks from larry it finaly came out of the dom. The last 1/2" or so of threads on the tre were completely striped off! WTF I thought to myself... how could this be? Well the dom did not get threaded deep enough to accept the TRE. When I install everything the 1st time, I smashed a 1/2" of threads into an unthreaded tube. Then, when I took it apart, it drug all that loveliness back through the threads I did have.

This was a year ago and I was really fear full that jcr would tell me to E.A.D. I left a couple voicemails with no response, then dropped an e-mail. they got right back to my mail. Allen @ JCR asked that I disassemble the entire system checking each part for flaws. He said that he would then have new replacements made up and sent out to me.
understanding the situation, and that he knew this would be a problem I would not find until now. we will see tomorrow how shipping will be handled.

I know I have recommended this kit to a few members here in the NWC so I wanted to get this info up as fast as I could.

if your parts seem abnormally tight when you go to adjust them, id be real suspect...

Bronze.

So I installed a JCR OTK steering kit about a year ago now. sunday I went to adjust the drag link and re-grease all the tre's. I tried to lock down the jam nut on the axle side of the drag link, but it was striped. (I think I did that) At this point I needed to remove said TRE and replace the 7/8-18 LH jam nut. well after some brute force, four letter words, and a few funny looks from larry it finaly came out of the dom. The last 1/2" or so of threads on the tre were completely striped off! WTF I thought to myself... how could this be? Well the dom did not get threaded deep enough to accept the TRE. When I install everything the 1st time, I smashed a 1/2" of threads into an unthreaded tube. Then, when I took it apart, it drug all that loveliness back through the threads I did have.

This was a year ago and I was really fear full that jcr would tell me to E.A.D. I left a couple voicemails with no response, then dropped an e-mail. they got right back to my mail. Allen @ JCR asked that I disassemble the entire system checking each part for flaws. He said that he would then have new replacements made up and sent out to me.
understanding the situation, and that he knew this would be a problem I would not find until now. we will see tomorrow how shipping will be handled.

I know I have recommended this kit to a few members here in the NWC so I wanted to get this info up as fast as I could.

if your parts seem abnormally tight when you go to adjust them, id be real suspect...

Bronze.

Logistics on this have been crazy.

Jcr sent me a shipping invoice via e-mail. they wanted me to put the bad drag link, and tre, in a box (that I did not have) and drop it off to be shipped out (witch was hard cuz I cant drive the jeep) before they would even make up the new parts, let alone send them out. Im not sure why I needed to send back useless parts, they had the pictures. And both of us were in agreement on what had happened and what needed to be done to make it right. I need the parts and beings it was not my fault they were bad in the first place I was left with no choice but to "play ball" I dug the printer out, boxed up the stuff, borrowed grandpas truck, loaded up josh, and dropped off the stuff. Of course the address was wrong so I got to drive all over indy looking for the one FedEx drop-off in town. I also asked that a new poly spacer be thrown in the box, and that the jam nut needed to be there as well. He said he talked to the steering guy, and that they would be made up and shipped out 1st thing in the morning. This was last Thursday April 3. keep in mind I found this Sunday march 30th. So I got a tracking number the next day and it said arrival date April 10th. DAMN! I got to wait another WEEK! omg, ok, I have a bunch of stuff to do to the jeep. I now have the "down time" to do some of it... :explosion and say what you want, JCR is standing behind there stuff and sending new stuff out.

Well I woke up to another e-mail from jcr today.(April 8th) @days before I was to receive my replacement parts. By this time there are 13 messages back and forth about these issues. They say that they got my stuff back, opened the box, and realized there was a problem. They made up a Tie Rod, not a Drag Link, and had sent that out to me... When he opened my return box he knew there was a problem and got a hold of me the same morning. His response to the problem was to sent out the rest of the kit, the pieces that he had not sent out already making it a full bran new kit. I asked him if he could send out the parts next day air, or at least priority this time, beings I had already been waiting 2 weeks with no steering in my jeep. I have not received a tracking number for the second shipment as of yet, nor a response about upgrading the shipping.

Im VERY disappointed in my decision to buy this kit from JCR after all this. I have done loads of business with Ruffstuff. there steering kit is almost the same. the difference being that you have to measure your own tubes, and burn in tube adapters. the price is the same. I went with this JCR for ease of install. Keep in mind jcr does not offer tapered adapters for the tre's, only the reamer, so I was making a order with ruffstuff anyways. I had a similar problem with some heim joints on my ruffstuff order. In one e-mail to dan @ ruffstuff. they had pulled my original order, looked up my parts, looked into my description of the problem, pulled new parts, packaged them up, and had them sent out free of charge and was sending me a reply to let me know all of this and give me a tracking number. 2 days later I had my parts. With no mention of the old/bad parts, or what to do with them. I don't know why its taken 15 emails, 15 days, 3 shipments, and 10 pictures to get the parts I need. I don't know why I needed to send the parts back. I sent pictures, we agreed that it was a manufacturer fault and that I would not have found it until now. There paper weights now right? I don't know why you got the parts from me 2 DAYS before I got the 1st shipment from them. And im not sure why there is not a little more urgency on there part. They have competition!

My jeep is sitting out back, with nothing under it for steering, has been for 2 weeks, and im still not sure when im getting the right replacement parts to fix it. NONE of this being my fault, or that I could have done something to prevent it from happening. JCR IS getting this taken care of, But Supper slow, and with very poor communication. I Now have a bad taste in my mouth. And I also regret all those recommendations I have made to all of the people , Boasting the JCR stuff.

I just hope the parts get here soon. I Want to go wheeling, shopping, and maby some other things that normal people do. (normal being With Car)
Rant over! That's where I AM with JCR. looking forward to being done with this none since.

Bronze.

I just did some business with 831_XJ from the sierra chapter.

Some one from there gave me a heads up on my injector post that he rebuilds injectors and had what i was looking for. I got in touch with him, and when I had the money, I made the purchase. I felt it was a fair price for 6 rebuilt injectors. I paid $70 shipped to my door. It took three weeks for them to get here, and after he was paid via paypal, the communication was spotty. he told me my package was returned to his home for some reason, and that he was going to ship them out the next day UPS, and have a tracking # for me. I never got a tracking #, and never heard back from him. They came yesterday, and I opened them this morning and went through them. they looked very nice and clean, but the pistle caps were broken or chipped on 5 out of the 6. Being wary, I took them to a local shop (Automotive Products 1700 SE Grand) to have a guy I know take a look at them.

Wrong O-rings on every one.
6 out of 6 had dirty filters
6 out of 6 had broken caps.
To get them rebuilt would have cost me only 22.50 each, but after dishing out the money, I just had him replace the caps, and Filters.

So, Automotive Products on Grand, is absolutely incredible. Sergei (not sure of spelling) took care of me right then and there, and was very understanding. He showed me the shop for fuel injectors, and took care of business. I will go there every time from now on.

I had a professional take a look at my injectors, and have the paperwork to prove that they were not rebuilt. I have them installed now, and they are running great, but I had to replace the filter and caps. the O-rings seem to be working fine, but it is something I will need to keep an eye on to see how it goes.

Sergei only charged me $13.50 to go through all my injectors, swap out the filters, and put new caps on! That really impressed me.

I hope this helps anyone for future dealings. I am happy to say that they work great, but I would do it differently in the future. It was a great learning experience, though, and I am always happy to find a local place that charges a fair price.

Didn't realize we had this lol

Want to give a shout out and AAA+ recommendation for specfab, gave me a great deal on welding up my uniframe stiffeners and did a spectacular and amazing job at that. There will be other projects that I will be hitting him up for.

Going to do a bit of clean up in here.

Remember kids, this thread is for posts about your experience with a vendor (good or bad). If you have a particular problem you'd like to resolve, please take it back channel via personal message.

:cheers:

Tent Pole Technologies: :thumbup:

This is an odd one, but I wanted to give a shout out to an awesome local business, Tent Pole Technologies. I purchase my Mountain Hardware tent almost six years ago. The tent itself has held up great through all seasons of use. The tent poles however have broken four times over the years. I was tired of have REI warranty them, so after this last failure I decided to look into "aftermarket".

The crew at TPT are very knowledgeable on the designs and requirements of each tent. It turns out my "OEM" poles were made from a cheap Korean aluminum (MH now out sources all their tubing), and too large of diameter tubing for the arc design of my tent. I had them make me some new poles out of American made Easton aluminum tubing in a .355" diameter. 20 minutes later I had my new poles in hand. I have no doubt I'll get another 5 years out of the tent, and now I have a peace of mind about the structure over my head at night

If anyone has a tent pole related problem, don't hesitate to give them a call.

www.tentpoletechnologies.com

Want to give a shout out to blondejoncherokee for fast shipping and great service. Bought a ram from him and had it shipped out same day.

Back