• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Social security

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
It really ticks me off that we can give billions year after year to foreign countries in the guise of 'foreign aid' but those elected aholes in DC can't maintain social security solvency. How about for every dollar in 'foreign aid' they be required to deposit a matching amount in the SS fund.

RichP said:
It really ticks me off that we can give billions year after year to foreign countries in the guise of 'foreign aid' but those elected aholes in DC can't maintain social security solvency. How about for every dollar in 'foreign aid' they be required to deposit a matching amount in the SS fund.

So Rich...tell us how you really feel about social security...

:D

oh and btw... I agree!

Uh Oh.
Or seal the borders, or this, that and the other thing too. Or stop subsidizing farmers, stop all sorts of stuff. There is no "one answer" that will not tick a whole ton of people off, impact economies in various ways.

I say sell the East Coast to Canada. :D End of that issue. They can have that fat Kennedy and Hilary too.

I quit paying Social Security 7 years ago. Refuse to pay it. :wave:

I just wish you guys luck when it comes time for you to collect it. :laugh3:

Dan.

:worship: :worship: They have to take California and all there stupid politicians too though.
Glenn said:
Uh Oh.
Or seal the borders, or this, that and the other thing too. Or stop subsidizing farmers, stop all sorts of stuff. There is no "one answer" that will not tick a whole ton of people off, impact economies in various ways.

I say sell the East Coast to Canada. :D End of that issue. They can have that fat Kennedy and Hilary too.

Sounds like a done deal. Now we just need to do the paperwork. :paperwork

The Canadians will like it..... more places to sell their pot, and they get back control of their beer company that they *used* to be so proud of. hehhehe
Igloos for all of em.
DrMoab said:
:worship: :worship: They have to take California and all there stupid politicians too though.

Social Security is not and was never ment to be your sole source of income when you can no longer work. If you have not established a personal retirment plan (not your employeers) then you deserve what you get.

Rev

I get an occasional letter from Social Security that flaunts the numbers...

Right now, IF I could draw disability on SS earnings, my monthly payment would be approx the same as they project for me at age 68... Approx $1100/month. (enough to be poor)

I don't follow it that closely, but I have heard that with most 'working folks' 14% of their gross pay goes towards SS. I get 6% taken out for my (state) pension fund and I just started a 401K at 10%... If I could use HALF of that 14% SS "contribution" and just buy US bonds, I'd be happy.

What scares the anti SS revamp people, is exposing that the legislature & executive has persistantly raided our contributions over time at their own perogative. One thing most Working Americans haven't got hip to is that IF our 14%(?) contributions had been making us money alongside the rich folks, there wouldn't be a big SS crisis...

TRNDRVR said:
I quit paying Social Security 7 years ago. Refuse to pay it. :wave:

I just wish you guys luck when it comes time for you to collect it. :laugh3:

Dan.

how does one go about doing this without a guy in a black suite knocking at your door.

Pretty sure that if I did not have that chunk of change taken out of my paycheck, that I could probably invest it and still do better for myself than what the Gov is going to do with it for me

Worse case scenario... I make bad choices and lose all of it, I would have to blame my choices instead of blaming the gov.

XJawgi said:
how does one go about doing this without a guy in a black suite knocking at your door.
I stand my ground and tell them I'm not paying. Haven't paid in 7 years. Really!!

Isnt it the employers responsibility to take out the social security as with like child support, ect.? i just dont understand how you can tell them not to take it out.....and not have everyone else doing it, and or not get in trouble.

XJawgi said:
Isnt it the employers responsibility to take out the social security as with like child support, ect.? i just dont understand how you can tell them not to take it out.....and not have everyone else doing it, and or not get in trouble.
Not a single one of my fellow employees at my place of employment pays Social Security. We're all rebels!!!

I think by being a 'vested' employee of AMTRAK, he gets a special pension deal that he hasn't privied us up on. Similar deal that the US Reps & Senators get, that is apart from the 'common folks' SS accounts.

Maybe I'm wrong.

woody said:
I think by being a 'vested' employee of AMTRAK, he gets a special pension deal that he hasn't privied us up on. Similar deal that the US Reps & Senators get, that is apart from the 'common folks' SS accounts.

Maybe I'm wrong.
Bingo!!!! Railroad retirement. I don't pay into Social Security, nor will I or my wife ever collect it.

Thanks Woody, I was having fun. :D

I'll buy a R for $100 ...

R __ __ __ r __ __ __ R __ __ __ r __ __ __ __ __

TRNDRVR said:
Not a single one of my fellow employees at my place of employment pays Social Security. We're all rebels!!!

Edit: Damn screwed up my game. I had family in that biz.

Last edited:
Back