• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things learned: CO Fest '09

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
-Led has several screws loose, some missing all together. (Ok, not learned, just re-re-confirmed...... :D)
-JJ's JK is now being called "The Blood Clot", but I have no idea why.
-Carnage Canyon never disappoints.
-Daryl's wife Carla is a bossy trail spotter........ and easy on the eyes. :D
-9 year old Deogie STILL hasn't lost her touch with scaring the bejeezus outta campfire attendees.
-Toilet paper rolls are HUGE fun around the campfire.
-SteveT is an attention whore who's in touch with his feminine side and brings the phunnay.
-JJacobs should give up playing with toy planes - or at least stick his thumb somewhere else.
-Brian (zith) isn't near as much fun as Janine (J9) on the trails - and at least she takes pics.
-Led's better half (Trish) has moxie........ (yeah, it can be contageous) :D
-There's HUGE differences in the quality of Tequila out there.
-Jeff has a little friend "Mr. Mumbles" he keeps in his back pocket.
-Apparently, it's a CO Fest tradition that I put up and take down the truck tent in the rain....... :mad:
-When a 9 year old tells you your bead locks are leaking...... you should probably check just to be sure.
-It's STILL a bad idea to cut your rear fenders above the pinch seams (someone didn't get the memo :D)
-We STILL need a decent fire poker to keep around for these events.
-Joe (welldone) IS DA MUDDAFUGGIN' MAN for bringing the fire wood and the funniest "cripple XXXXer" I know.
-A busy day on Mt. Antero looks quite a bit like any day at a primitive prison camp quarry.
-Jawa's luck certainly changed for the ONE DAY he attended the event.
-Daryl (jeonlyep) has dirt-circle-in-the-gravel OCD and is a bit of a pyro.
-BLoose's XJ can't decide if it wants 4-link or 3-link front suspension, but it's gonna be the latter VERY shortly.
-Ken (Rokken) has a learning disability when it comes to axle shaft I.D.
-Ask Led if it's a good idea to blow brake dust off of.... well anything.

:D

Antero? Where all the 'sharrow nelf roads' are, Troy? :)
Reading up after the trip that mountain is the largest gemstone repository in the country.. were there a lot of people digging around near the top of the Jeep trail, or in the valley below?

The prop didn't hit my thumb, it hit the top of my wrist exposing tendons and a partial thumb nerve slice. Point taken though.

Last edited:
- light colored rock is not good for making campground roads
- my kid is a smarta$$
- Target makes crummy tents that everyone likes
- Blue Coleman stoves attract moochers
- only bring enough food for you and your kid or you'll be out of breakfast food on the first day
- drunk CoFest'ers only sleep till 7am
- a valet at Chalk Creek Campground could make a killing
- don't throw back the first fish you catch
- XJ'ers should carry around extra upper control arm bolts
- one will never ever get ALL of the dust out of a JK's interior
- I CAN hike...

Two upper control arm links are completely optional, one is plenty
If you pass expensive tequila around people will drink it, if you pass a "jug" of Jose' not so much
A roll of toilet paper can keep people entertained for hours
Some people are so lazy they want you to TP your own junk for them
An old school bus CAN make a journey across the U.S. without a problem, all you need to do is spend thousands on the brakes
Do not drive up abrupt transitions from flat to steep on side streets if your bus has a trailer hitch
A Class 3 hitch will support the weight of a bus
A bus can do a burn out when supported by said hitch
Planting a bus on the hitch will attract a crowd in no time
If you do a burn out with a bus no matter how many people are around now one will get a picture
If you ask if someone got a picture for some reason they say they didn't have their phone. Remember when phones were for conversing and cameras were for pictures?
Filling in a tow hitch divot in asphalt works
A spare tire is completely optional
Deogie is my second favorite trail pup
No matter how much you love you dog she can still be a bi*ch

Thanks to all who made it another great NAXJA event!

1. TP can be a great campfire activity.....
  2. My phone likes Colorado so much it stayed there.....
  3. Led can spot anyone thru anything..... Okay, that's a guess, but I'd bet it's true...
  4. My wife likes wheelin'..... She went everyday...
  5. Always look around for your wife before answering any questions about her..... Especially if the topic is nudity...
  6. Performance art isn't really art..... At least the way that Steve does it...
  7. Bad years at the raffle can lead to a good year at the raffle..... Ain't that right Led?
  8. Good years at the raffle can lead to a bad year at the raffle..... F'in jacket...
  9. My Jeep does most all I ask of it.....
  10. Rolling video around the camp fire can be amusing..... Goes a long way to explaining numbers 1 and 6...
  11. The leaving time for the trails ends in an ish..... It's not set in stone...

Last edited:
  1. TP can be a great campfire activity.....
  2. My phone likes Colorado so much it stayed there.....
  3. Led can spot anyone thru anything..... Okay, that's a guess, but I'd bet it's true...
  4. My wife likes wheelin'..... She went everyday...
  5. Always look around for your wife before answering any questions about her..... Especially if the topic is nudity...
  6. Performance art isn't really art..... At least the way that Steve does it...
  7. Bad years at the raffle can lead to a good year at the raffle..... Ain't that right Led?
  8. Good years at the raffle can lead to a bad year at the raffle..... F'in jacket...
  9. My Jeep does most all I ask of it.....
  10. Rolling video around the camp fire can be amusing..... Goes a long way to explaining numbers 1 and 6...
  11. The leaving time for the trails ends in an ish..... It's not set in stone...

#5: SPOBI w/o pics........ :D

#10: Brings the mudda-fuggin' phunnay! :yelclap:

Ouch. Did you really have to put into words what everyone already knows?

When I finally post the photos I took the ones of you aren't going to make it online...

Hey, quitcher pouting...... I said you weren't near as much fun, not a total lame-bag...... :D

1. people will listen to me no matter how messed up the line is
2. some people will thank you for flopping them
3. you can bend a door in a foot and still open it
4. too many people would rather fish than wheel
5. Trish loves her new jeep
6. never lend your jeep to Jacobs even if your right behind it
7. service at the coyote SUCKS!!!
8. this was the best raffle yet
9. no matter when or where we have Co fest it will rain
10. I need a bigger jeep

• Led could spot a Liberty thru OCG, and make it look good
  • Said spotting skills results in excellent payback during raffle
  • If dudes name is BLoose, do not call him Blouse. Thanks for the tequila...I'll shoot any of it, but there is a difference.
  • "Hitting a dead deer" has a whole different meaning in Michigan. Oh deer, oh deer!
  • If you ride shotgun with Rockken, shoulder harness is mandatory (Where's my ice cream?)
  • 33's + D35 / 18 yr old = fun times. Nice wheeling Mason.
  • A sandwich, when left in a cooler with eight Gatorade bottles and some ice, and driven over OGC trail, will resemble barf when it spills. Josh, I have your fleece.
  • Tom Houston knows a little-bit about everything, and a lotta-bit about, well,...everything.
  • Darryl's abililty to swipe my beers is only rivaled by his ability to keep his dirt clean.
  • Tentative means...wait for it...TENTATIVE! (per Jeff)
  • "If I wanted a Hummer...." Hmm, hows the rest of it go JohnJohn?
  • Cremation jokes are funny when Joe tells them.
  • Throwing rocks, and TP, into the fire is quite fun (dancing is optional)
  • Deogie is a canine ninja
  • Pickles and pepperoni are good campfire food. Pass 'em around.
  • Zack needs a tie rod and his own welding gloves.
  • Blue Coleman stoves are awesome, and self cleaning.
  • When faced with great fatigue, I can nap, looking much like a drunken bobble-head, whilst bouncing down Antero.
  • Number one thing learned - Given sufficient quantity with which to work, the pelts of dirty, albino, Chinese rats can be fabricated into a mighty fine leather jacket.

That week was awesome. Lots of new friends, good times, and 2.4 brazillion stars twinkling above the camp fire (thanks again, Joe/Weldone).

See ya next year!

Steve

Last edited:
-Number one thing learned - Given sufficient quantity with which to work, the pelts of dirty, albino, Chinese rats can be fabricated into a mighty fine leather jacket.

Once again..... Steve bringin' the funnay! :yelclap: :roflmao:

Once again..... Steve bringin' the funnay! :yelclap: :roflmao:

I'm guessing he won Tom Wood's Technicolor Dream Coat..............
lmao.gif

I'm guessing he won Tom Wood's Technicolor Dream Coat..............
lmao.gif

Nope - Daryl (Jeonlyep) won it - Steve just though it was the most awesome coat he'd ever seen.

No doubt! I snuck it on, when D wasn't looking...Oh yeaaahhh. Had to take take it off fast, because the excess testosterone was putting out the campfire. That, and it stunk of hantavirus.

1. Flopping your rig for the first time, if done gentle, is more fun than a frat party with drunk collage girls and worth a 20 pack of beer for the spotter.
2. Led is one hell of a good spotter and I trust his judgment no matter how messed up the line is.
3. Improperly placed fuel pickup suck at severe angles.
4. The campfires are always entertaining, even if you do not drink.
5. Tong Fuk is actually in Hong Kong, not main land China. http://www.mapsofworld.com/cities/china/hong-kong/tong-fuk.html
6. Minimalist camping is the only way to go.
7. I agree with Led, service at the coyote SUCKS!!!
8. Carnage canyon is one hell of a trail, it's a full throttle adrenaline rush the entire length.

Back