• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What shackles are you running with your Deaver leaf springs?

bajabronco

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
What shackles are people running with their Deaver leaf springs? The two shackles - the Rubicon Express 5" shackle and my IronRock Offroad adjustable 5" to 6" both bind on the leaf springs, - since Deavers leaf eye roll is the opposite of a standard leaf spring.

IMG-0342%201_zpsh2wm4v2h.jpg

I'm using the JKS OGS651

Deaver specifies that their leaves are to be used with a boomerang shackle

I've got a NIB set of IRO boomerangs (5-6") if your interested.

RCP Phx Thanks for the offer. I have that shackle already as well, and it binds also. It necks down so at a point when the shackle begins to lay down it binds with the leaf. I drove my XJ down and Jeff from Deaver actually saw how both shackles would bind. I am trying to find a shackle that would actually work well for my rock crawler.

I'm using the JKS OGS651

Looked at these on Amazon. Are they a boomerang? Didn't look like as much 'offset' as others.
I'm pounding Search for resolution to my 'issue' and dredging up a lot of threads on it.

Looked at these on Amazon. Are they a boomerang? Didn't look like as much 'offset' as others.
I'm pounding Search for resolution to my 'issue' and dredging up a lot of threads on it.

They do have a little "kick" in them but I wouldn't call them "boomerang's" compared to those that truly are!

Last edited:
Back