• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can you ID these SRB?

Those Rubicon Express shackles are not clearanced to act as a boomerang. Those clearances are purely to make room for the bumper mounting bolts. You may still need to cut down the bumper bolts to get full movement.

But those reliefs are supposed to go toward the rear, right?
That puts the grease zerk forward. Just confirming cuz the others, with better instructions, have the zerk rearward.

Thanks.

Fwiw, with the SRBs installed the shackle won't be hitting those bumper bolts any more. Not sure about the brackets clearance, but should be fine.

Those SRBs are actually pretty nice! Now that you show the full piece, it is STOUT. Has many mounting points and is better than. Some of the others I've seen. I think at some point you are going to just have to decide what you want to work around. Throw in the shackles and SRBs you already have, then decide on new leafs and or height in the front. Maybe add a leaf and you're good? Or all new packs.

Or, get the leafs you want, either keepnthe SRBs or go no lift, then source the correct length shackles.

Personally I think it's a conundrum... do it right donit once right? Well, the lift is unknown with the shackles and the SRBs you have... probably more than you are bargaining for. Could just slap it all on and see how she sits?

Fwiw, with the SRBs installed the shackle won't be hitting those bumper bolts any more. Not sure about the brackets clearance, but should be fine.

Those SRBs are actually pretty nice! Now that you show the full piece, it is STOUT. Has many mounting points and is better than. Some of the others I've seen. I think at some point you are going to just have to decide what you want to work around. Throw in the shackles and SRBs you already have, then decide on new leafs and or height in the front. Maybe add a leaf and you're good? Or all new packs.

Or, get the leafs you want, either keepnthe SRBs or go no lift, then source the correct length shackles.

Personally I think it's a conundrum... do it right donit once right? Well, the lift is unknown with the shackles and the SRBs you have... probably more than you are bargaining for. Could just slap it all on and see how she sits?

Installed just the RE2700 shackles and removed the bumper bolts. Let it sit overnight and torqued everything to spec. Looks like good clearance so took it for a ride. Feels/sounds better but was only on the street.
As for the 1.25" lift the shackles were to add (ya, forgot to measure before/after) it's hardly noticeable and looks just fine - pretty much level (it had the appearance of rear squat before). Shackle angle is less than 90* but more vertical than I expected. So, around in circles again, I could do the SRB and probably still be ok with the stance.
Gonna drive it awhile and determine if I need to take further steps with SRB or possibly go the IRO route with packs and boomerangs. But I think I'm gonna be fine as is. I'll post a photo later now that I have the size figured out on my phone.

Thanks again everyone.

No gear in back, just spare and jack on rack.
e6f50c71881ff087a653f625f27aed2a.jpg
917ec4456cf2b0253e07621fcda28f54.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Back