• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front inner fender trimming

I ended up drilling a hole in the battery bracket they sent to fit the sensor...
408d94ea351c3b80cb2263a11e002fa1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All buttoned up and thats the only pic you post?? Haha, good work man, looks like a clean install

Last edited:
Wow... A month later... Sorry for anyone actually caring about final thoughts 🤣

Tucks 35s great. I'm able to run 3.5 inch coils on 35s. My bump stops consist of the 2"Daystar extended along with a hockey puck on the lower pad. Tires are the cooper evolution mt in a 35 12.50 r15. Rims are the standard 15x9 with 3.75 backspacing steelies. I have .25 inches of clearance at full flex and full turn each way. I don't think I have much of a stretch ( 1 inch maybe?) But I beat the firewall side of the inner fender with a sledge until I became exhausted for rear clearance. The iron trackbar clears my diff cover by 1/8 inch maybe, at driver side full tuck.

I need longer shocks for sure as mine are the dt 3550. I'm thinking some 5165 with 12 ish travel are in the future along with limit straps. Current shocks are around 11 inch travel but shorter overall. I believe I can get 1 maybe 1.5 inch longer compressed length with stock shock mounts. If not I'll Fab lower mounts.
Only concern I have is when I add (let's say 2 inch) longer shocks I'll have a higher tuck at full flex. I only have 1/4" now so I'll have to add bumpstop. Adding bump will force me to lift higher due to hitting bump stops cruising down the road. It's always a can of worms haha
So I think my tentative plan is a 1 inch lift (probably pucks honestly) added with a half hockey puck or something similar and this will allow me to take advantage of substantially more down travel without lifting to the moon. My cloak coils have about 2.5 inches or so before they unseat so I would like to use all of that.
This is all after more important things such as steering and winch...

Sorry to be long winded and for the slow progress. New homeownership sucks...

Any questions or advise I'm all ears!

Side note I really like the "partial" hidden winch setup baddadfab makes. I'm thinking the photo where you can see my finger pointing would make a nice winch control box location. Thoughts? If you haven't seen his winch mount just Google image search baddadfab and you'll find it.
b713e531e765b5ce435d7b8d17104ff4.jpg
062749f247080dace749fd675d9e21a7.jpg
fce3cccafee488f10e3cc6a26950025e.jpg
bb3f6961ba65947f6e5160ed4126c290.jpg
9fcd1889488c726dfe7d9212ce6a7f88.jpg
f832e62afdb95262cced0ce14f3415a1.jpg

Came out awesome, I’m in the process of doing this to mine and tucking the front end! Your right has helped greatly! Nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came out awesome, I’m in the process of doing this to mine and tucking the front end! Your right has helped greatly! Nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man. Contrary to how long it took me it was a very simple job. Life gets it the way to much....

Back