• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upcoming Runs in N. Adams, CT area

Lawn Cher'

NAXJA Forum User
Earle from RI is planning 2 Jeep runs on the Mohawk Trail and surrounding areas... the first is 2nd-3rd of May (sorry about the short notice...) and the second run is Memorial Day weekend (that's one week before NAC-Fest.)

Please reply here if you are interested in attending... we need to get a head count to reserve the group campsite on Mt. Greylock. More details will follow.

CheapXJ said:
Anyone feel like pickin up a passenger in Providence? :D

Cheap "going through Jeep withdrawal" XJ :(

Call Earle, or drop him an e-mail at [email protected] -- he's the closest to you. I'd volunteer, but Providence would be like 200 miles out of my way. If you don't have Earle's phone number, e-mail me and I'll give it to you. Just don't call him after 9:00 p.m. Sunday thru Wednesday. He's off on Fridays so later on Thursday evening is usually okay.

Lawn Cher' said:
Earle from RI is planning 2 Jeep runs on the Mohawk Trail and surrounding areas... the first is 2nd-3rd of May (sorry about the short notice...) and the second run is Memorial Day weekend (that's one week before NAC-Fest.)

Please reply here if you are interested in attending... we need to get a head count to reserve the group campsite on Mt. Greylock. More details will follow.

The actual trail ride is the one on Memorial Day weekend. This weekend is just a few people scouting trails for the Memorial Day run. This weekend may only be Saturday rather than the entire weekend because many of the expected victims (err, participants) have other commitments.

Eagle said:
Call Earle, or drop him an e-mail at [email protected] -- he's the closest to you. I'd volunteer, but Providence would be like 200 miles out of my way. If you don't have Earle's phone number, e-mail me and I'll give it to you. Just don't call him after 9:00 p.m. Sunday thru Wednesday. He's off on Fridays so later on Thursday evening is usually okay.

Finally got him online? SWEET!

I've got his number. I tossed him an e-mail. If i can get my phone to work, I'll give him a call

Thanks man ;)

I doubt that there are any RV sites on MT Greylock... it is on top of a big mountain, and they don't even have running water. I wouldn't advise trying to drive a RV up there anyway... I had a hard time towing my XJ up the hill with my MJ. There might be other options in the area, you can search on www.reserveamerica.com for camping around N. Adams, MA.

Mt Greylock is GREAT camping....

When we did the Rover/Jeep Summit it was closed so we camped at I think Mohawk trail Campground...they have RV sites but they're not the nicest folks around....

RJ

Like TOZOVR said you can camp at Mohawk Trail Campground. I am staying the the "The Olde Willow Motel" 413 339-4483, and
I have an extra room, I can let someone have. We were exspecting more people. Day trippers can meet us at the Big Y in North Adams between 9-10 on Saturday only.

This ride is two days for minimum 33" tires, preferably locked, for Mud, Rocks, Water, and possible body damage ;)

Give me a call, if anybody needs a room.

PS: where is Joer?

BrokenXJ said:
This ride is two days for minimum 33" tires, preferably locked, for Mud, Rocks, Water, and possible body damage ;)

I hope you are referring to the scouting trip, because the Memorial Day mini-event is supposed to include options for stock vehicles. I've been discussing this with Earle and it was my understanding that you trail scouts would be identifying suitable trails for stock vehicles as well as hard-core stuff.

We are reserving the group site at Mt. Greylock for Memorial Day Weekend... Based on the number of attendees, I will request a small donation to defray the food and campsite costs. There will be a BBQ dinner Saturday night; hotdogs, hamburgers, etc.

Yes, the scouting trip is for hard-core, there may even be snow because the snowmobiles have left a two foot ice pack in some places.

I know Earle wants to send the stockers on the ice-cream trail for at least one day. There are some other trails for stockers, but I would suggest skid-plates.

The campsite is set... I reserved group site #1 at Mt. Greylock State Reservation for Friday and Saturday nights with the possibility of extending into Sunday night if there is enough interest.

I'm alive!

Hey Broken XJ, I'm still around... I picked up a 1991 XJ with the AX-15 for $200.. I have more projects than money and time can offer!!! It's crazy! I also have an 86 long bed MJ for Eagle waiting for him (free!!, from a friend)... The 91 xj had an overheated/ seized engine.. I got it unseized tonight... I wanna try to start it tomorrow... see what happens... Hopefully I will cya on the trails in the summer! I have 3 Xjs now!! hehe
~Joe~

IS the 33" Minimum trail in Vt?

For anyone attending, we have the group site #1 reserved under my name when you check in at the camping area guard shack.

i shoulda paid closer attention to this board....... im going to NH to get 2 junk XJ's from NHXJer and hitting new england dragway.... ill meet up with you all soon enough i'm sure....... mike

I was thinking about getting those... since you beat me to it, I can assure my wife that the Jeep population will slowly be decreasing around my house instead of increasing. Thanks, and enjoy... they should combine into a decent ride.

Back