• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1988 Jeep Comanche

Dustin_Z

NAXJA Forum User
I'm posting this for a guy on my main forum.....here goes.

1988 Jeep Comanche
4.0 auto 125K miles (somewhere around there)
Q78 (near 36 X 11.50)Super Swamper TSL's - nearly new since I never drive.
Dana 30 4.56's an a Lockrite
Ford 8.8 4.56's and a Detroit locker
The lift is mostly Rusty's Off Road stuff, the rear is spring over.
BPI Front winch bumper sprayed with Line-X

It's been mostly a trail rig/3rd vehicle for us, but I wouldn't hesitate to drive it about anywhere. It'll run 85 down the interstate with no problems. My wife can even drive it. It starts everytime even after sitting for months. A few of you have seen it it out. It performs better on the trail than I am a driver.

The AC needs to be recharged. It has been converted over to R134A. It blows semi cool, but nothing like it used to. It also has a little bit of blowby. This is pretty common on these motors. It doesn't do it bad enough to ever need to have oil added, but I would probably go and add a catch can, I just never got around to it. The passenger side window wants to come off of whatever holds it if you roll it down more than 3/4's the way. It needs a passenger side taillight. It could really use a cleaning since it has spent so much of the last few years sitting. I'm going to try and clean it up some if I get a chance.

IMG_3303.jpg

IMG_6606.jpg

144635146sFAshs_ph.jpg

96067001.jpg

96067003_otVDN4Dl_DSC_3701_adj.jpg

96067008_j2mPDmWm_DSC_3705_adj.jpg

96067010_YnMkL1GR_DSC_3707_adj.jpg

96067012_RKJqpsKJ_DSC_3708_adj.jpg

The only thing really bad about it is the passenger side has gotten a little to friendly with some trees on the last few trips to the park. The door and the fender could probably be replaced cheap. I don't know what it would take to straiten out the badside. The cab itself seemed to avoid most of the damage.

l_27377e9427ce58c4eea65d4e85ec56ce.jpg

IMG_6707.jpg

It would make a great trail truck, or could be a good driver with just a little TLC. It doesn't have any major mechanical problems, just those few things I mentioned earlier and unfortunately those dents in the passenger side. I've even driven it to Kentucky and back in the same mechanical shape it's in now when it had 35" all terrains.

$2950 and I'm keeping the winch. Don't be afraid to make me an offer or give me a call about it. I'll probably be too honest with you. The price is negotiable. About the only thing I could need in trade towards it is a trailer. I'm going to be sad to see it go.

Send me a message on here or give me a call at 416-0870.

I'm in Sherwood, AR.

Jed

thats a nice jeep id love to get my hands on a comanche but i cant see myself spending tha tmuch on it. its got alot of modifications but you never get what you put into it. plus its 20 years old and the tree damage. if he wants to go down in the price pm me.

Back