• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Atlanta Area?

muddytires

NAXJA Forum User
I just moved from the North Georgia Mtns(Helen). Up there i had several places to drive, from local forest roads to places like tellico about 90mins away. Now i am living just east of Atlanta(snellville). Are there any places near by to go wheeling ?

Beasley's Knob in Blairsville Ga. Then about 40mi north of that Tellico.

There was a little spot off of GA 400 exit 15 behind the old Lanier Lodge. You take a left off the exit and pull into the gas station parking lot. Over to your right there should be an abandoned trailer from a semi and a little trail between some trees. It's got some cool stuff like a nice water crossing and a few interesting hills. It's owned by GA Power and I never had any problems with them back there, actually pretty nice guys.

I don't know how far that is from Snellville though.

Thanks, ive been to Tellico and Beasleys knob. But are about 3-4 hours drive from where i live now. Hwy 400 is not too far away. As long as i'm not tresspassing on Ga power property.

muddytires said:
Thanks, ive been to Tellico and Beasleys knob. But are about 3-4 hours drive from where i live now. Hwy 400 is not too far away. As long as i'm not tresspassing on Ga power property.

I just talked to a buddy of mine who said that they (cops, GA Power?) put-in highway barriers to block it off. I don't think that there is too much legit public wheeling unless you go to North GA.

I remember going to a power line trail off of Peachtree Industrial in Duluth, and there is a nice little trail off of Hamby Road in Forsyth County. It's fun remembering all the goofy places I wheeled at in high-school.

I can give specifics on locations if you're interested.

The closest trails to you are flat rock, down 81 in the grayson/loganville area and union grove down 124 headed toward I-20. However, I have heard of people getting tickets for tresspassing. I myself have never seen or had any trouble. Not hard trails at all, but fun and close to home.

The place off of exit 15 is closed to the public now. Other than that I don't know of anywhere less than 2 hrs from me. I am hoping to check out that new park in Milledgeville sometime soon though.

Back