• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thursday Easy Run - Ed/Mark

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
The Thursday morning run will be a ride on Little Shepard Trail. This is basically a county road that runs from Harlan to Cumberland, Kentucky. From what I can tell, the majority of this ride will be on pavement or unimproved roadway. It will be a scenic run. The trail itself is 38 miles and the remainder being on Hwy 119 back to camp.

Here is a Google map that Lowrange2 worked up for us. This will be our route for the day.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zj1_8TZUutcw.kUOY5MhUDUug

Please plan to have a full tank of gas at departure and pack a meal. Please be sure your rig is registered and insured as we will be on county roads and state park land.

Mark will be gunning and I will be leading. CB will be helpful for communication.

Please sign up here if you plan to ride on this trail Thursday.

1. PacificEd

The Thursday morning run will be a ride on Little Shepard Trail. This is basically a county road that runs from Harlan to Cumberland, Kentucky. From what I can tell, the majority of this ride will be on pavement or unimproved roadway. It will be a scenic run. The trail itself is 38 miles and the remainder being on Hwy 119 back to camp.

Here is a Google map that Lowrange2 worked up for us. This will be our route for the day.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zj1_8TZUutcw.kUOY5MhUDUug

Please plan to have a full tank of gas at departure and pack a meal. Please be sure your rig is registered and insured as we will be on county roads and state park land.

Mark will be gunning and I will be leading. CB will be helpful for communication.

Please sign up here if you plan to ride on this trail Thursday.

1. PacificEd
2.~Spanky~

4. macgyvr

mac 'polar screwed it up on the 2nd post' gyvr

5. Cottontail and the chicks

1)pacificEd
2)polar jeep
3)illianaxj
4)spanky
5)macgyvr
6)cottontail
7)jeepguy91
8)k5matt

1)pacificEd
2)polar jeep
3)illianaxj
4)spanky
5)macgyvr
6)cottontail
7)jeepguy91
8)k5matt
9)Lowrange2
10)Flex

1)pacificEd
2)polar jeep
3)illianaxj
4)spanky
5)macgyvr
6)cottontail
7)jeepguy91
8)k5matt
9)Lowrange2
10)Flex
11) xcalibur223

1)pacificEd
2)polar jeep
3)illianaxj
4)spanky
5)macgyvr
6)cottontail
7)jeepguy91
8)k5matt
9)Lowrange2
10)Flex
11) xcalibur223
12) MELKORsXJ

1)pacificEd
2)polar jeep
3)illianaxj
4)spanky
5)macgyvr
6)cottontail
7)jeepguy91
8)k5matt
9)Lowrange2
10)Flex
11) xcalibur223
12) MELKORsXJ
13) OK.B.

I may consider taking the expo trailer to get scenic pics w it if no one objects. Or maybe I should wait till the day I leave and have an idea of a few places I might take it to get some scenic or action pics on my own.
(Mebbe Pm me about it so I don't take this o.t.)

1)pacificEd
2)polar jeep
3)illianaxj
4)spanky
5)macgyvr
6)cottontail
7)jeepguy91
8)k5matt
9)Lowrange2
10)Flex
11) xcalibur223
12) MELKORsXJ
13) OK.B.
Last) High2by

So... I have a bent wheel that I have moved to the rear. The best I can do is about 35mph, before I start to get the shakes. Could this cause conflict on this trip? I wont be able to address the issue any further bef we leave.

I don't see a huge problem here. We won't be doing 60 mph in an effort to keep the group close together from the campground to the trailhead (maybe 7-9 miles). The trail will be slower speeds anyways. Once we are done, it's a straight shot back to the campground from Cumberland, so if anyone needs to go faster, they can.

Or for fun you can take the trail partways back and use a cut-through in Putney. It comes out at the old convenience store (former gas station) on Hwy 119.

Besides I want to ride with you guys at least one day.

I looked at the map and you can run Hwy 119 or the backroad 522 (basically a two lane road that parallels 119) or you can take Little Shepard trail back and cut down to 119.

We can decide what the group would like to do that day when we line up.

Besides I want to ride with you guys at least one day.

That was my plan... and on this day because it will be new stuff we haven't done before.
We will probably be interested in taking the trail back as well...

Back