• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1987 4dr Laredo Parts Jeep FS

liliysdad

NAXJA Forum User
I have a white 1987 Laredo, 4.0/auto/NP231/30/35 for sale. I have no title, and its not in running condition. The body is very, very straight and clean, and overall, its in good shape. I have pulled a few parts off it, like some small electrical stuff, sensors, etc, all the running gear is still there. It has all five alloy wheels on it, and they are in good shape. I drove it home, so the engine does run...acts like it has a bad head gasket. Transmission shifted out fine.

I would like $200 for whats left, you come and get it. If this deosnt sell by the weekend, its going to be crushed.

Re: 1987 4dr Laredo Parts Jeep FS -$200

Bump to help save another 87 XJ Jeep with a running engine and tranny!!!!! Somebody needs to grab this $200 gift before he crushes it!!!!!:rattle:

What is the story on the title? Was it registered in your name at least?

No, I bought it as a parts rig. To be honest, its not really worth trying to bring back to the road. I have robbed a bunch of parts, but the drivetrain is still solid, as best I can tell.

liliysdad said:
No, I bought it as a parts rig. To be honest, its not really worth trying to bring back to the road. I have robbed a bunch of parts, but the drivetrain is still solid, as best I can tell.

But good clean bodies, with an engine that still ran and a good Aw4 is easily worth $200. Hell I spent $350 on one with most everything under the hood striped and gone including the the AW4 (gone) and the head gone, except for the short block which has a rod thrown through the side of it. Even the radiator and condenser and AC was all stripped off of it. I spent $400 just on a spare engine from Wisconsin, etc....

Up north and east coast I hear its real hard to find 87 bodies that aren't rusted all up.

The problem is no title for most people, but with a proper bill of sale from you, they could propably get a salvage title (at least in Texas) if they ever needed it, or just use it off road. From your description it sounds like it easily has $200 worth of stuff still on it. How much did you not strip already? Somebody on NAXJA was looking for an AW4 just the other day.

I just hate to see good bodies go to the crusher.

You should post some pictures, and offer to sell parts off of it.

I dont have the time to part it out, or the place to store it while I do.

Things I have stripped are items like skidplates, bumpers, hitch, fan shroud, fans, sensors for spares, some interior stuff, etc...

Back