• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 front axle w/4.10 gears

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I know this is a long shot, but I'm hunting for a Dana 30 front axle with 4.10 gears. I would prefer a non-disco housing but either would work. I have a D44 from a Scout II with a Detroit E-Z locker to use in the rear if I can find a front geared to match.

I have a Warn 8274-50 that I can do some trading on.

Thanks! The Captain needs help building his ship.

pretty sure the scout has a different bolt pattern. correct?

Yep. I'll have to get some wheel adapters to make it work with the 5 on 4.5" Cherokee pattern. I'm a Scout guy originally so I have plenty of stock rear shafts for spares. Also the Scout D44 uses the same shaft on either side unlike the XJ D44.

I have half of my combo, I just need to find the other half. I've got the Scout axles for sale as a set unless I can find a front D30.

Do you have a scout front D44?

If so maybe you should get a D300 t-case and make your Cherokee a passenger side drop. All you'll have to do is route the exhuast out the driver side.

Yep, I have a matching front with a E-Z locker in it also. I wondered about using it but seems like it would be a lot of work. Scout D44's don't have a good pinion angle so I would have to do a cut-and-turn on the knuckles plus add all the bracketry. I'd also have to find a Jeep D300. I'm afraid it would be a lot of fabwork for a DD XJ.

Back