• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any of ya'll in SC....

TOEHEAD

NAXJA Forum User
Im was a ZJ guy and had planned to stay that way but the tables have turned and Im now working on a '91 XJ as a new toy. Just wanted to see who all was around.

We should set up a M and G somewhere, sometime, soon, and hopefully do a little wheeling....

I have heard of a place called the Sandhills down near Darlington (I think) not sure, any opinions.

I live in Van Wyck, south of Rock Hill..let me know if anyone is interested in doing anything anytime soon....

peace
TOEHEAD

Hey Toehead

Welcome to XJs and SE NAXJA.

Ghost is over near Darlington, and MJ Marcus is in Columbia...

Never been to Sandhills, but Uwharrie is just up the road from ya in NC. It's got some fun wheeling, especially if it's wet. I'll be up there helping with trail maintenance this weekend and we could use another pair of hands :) Also a GTG/Trail Ride in Tellico on Halloween weekend is almost upon us.

You are among the right folks for advice on building that XJ, and I hope to see ya on the trail soon.

I'm originally from Marion Co.,S.C. Moved to North Georgia at about age 10 or so,then back to Myrtle Beach at around 18,then back to N.G. at around 23. Back and forth....back and forth....:) You need to look up Glenn A.K.A. "Ghost". He's a pretty cool guy. Maybe you two can go hit the bean fields together :D J/K You need to make it to the Fall Flog next weekend. Mildly built or highly modified,you'll have a great time,although if you're still stock and care about damage of any possible kind,I *really* reccomend leaving it at the camp and shotgunning with someone! You ain't seen trails 'till you've been to Tellico!:D :D

Sweeet, thanks fella's. Actually, I am not that new to the wheelin seen. I have run UNF so many times, I lost count. Also, I was at
Tellico in Aug. for GSSE and thankfully came out alive after a buddy of mine from Texas rolled his WJ down Trail 1 at 11.30 at night (I was supposed to be riding shotgun.)

As for now, I am going to be running 3" and 31s just to get myself around and have some fun. I will be buying another ZJ in Feb. of 04'. When that happens the XJ will go under the knife for all of the spring and be ready to roll that summer.

Thanks alot fella's. Ill check Ghost out and hopefully get up with him sometime. I am going to try to get up to UNF for the clean up day.

peace
TOEHEAD

come on to tellico on the 31st and try out the new rockrails.

hey cool glad you join also in sc there's a occly jeep club call mid carolina jeepers I have a good time with both clubs thier site is call http;//www.usjeeps.com hope to see yall the 31

2offroad said:
come on to tellico on the 31st and try out the new rockrails.

Actually, I really am going to try and get there. I dont have classes that day so Im thinking about leaving on Thrusday after class.

I've already popped the rails cherry, so more marks will just go on the list.

I'll let ya know.

peace
TOEHEAD

You know I had to stick my head in this thread!

Sandhills is a Nat. forest and we tried to get some trails there but word is the Red headed woodpeker cannot mate with jeep noise! LOL! Ok what ever. They will fine you if you get cought there! There is a place on the other side of the Great Pee Dee called Saudi Arabia? or something like that. Big red sand pile. I live in Hartsville and will be going to Concord tomorrow to see a fellow Jeeper. Where is Van Wyk? i have heard of it but cannot remember where it is. There are a few locals that I wheel with when my junk is running. Nice guys but most have CJ's and FSJ's. I don't hold that against them. LOL! there are three or four maybe that have XJ's. two 91's my 84 and another 84 or 85. hit me back channel some time and I'll let you know when the locals meet and where if you want to come down. It is the Second or third Sunday at teh Sonic here in town. But they just buldozed our meeting place so! I'm not sure what is gong to happen till they rebuild it! [email protected] thanks for the good recomendation Mike! LOL!

Back