• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

learned a few things this week.....

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
after 3 days driving each way.. a few things have become painfully apparent to me....
A. ohio drivers consider the left (read: hammer) lane to be an acceptable travel lane.... regardless of the fact that they are not going faster than the car beside them at 63 mph.....

B. i dont think mid-westerners know how to stop when their tire is low.. they drive until the tire shredds and sends them shooting across traffic onto the shoulder or median.. ( i witnessed this once, but i noticed the unbelivable number of cars left on the side of the highway with the same problem.. we just dont see this in new england...

C. a colorado big horn sheep has no fear of the red XJ that literally drove under his chin as he stood on the white line at the edge of the road...

D. a 48' container trailer full of magnesium (in some form) burns incredibly bright and hot... and it shuts down the pennsylvania tpk for 5 hrs... it resembles a 40' tall 4th of july sparkler.....

E. the fence in TRNDRVR's site holds alot of beer bottles...

F. Moab is the shit...

G. NAXJA is also the shit....

mike

Glad to see you got home safe.

The problem with Train Drivers fence was the bottles were all empty!

Yeah, know all about that PA Tpke action - truckers were talking about it in Ohio and diverting to I80 to cross the state - just meant more traffic than usual across the top - in heavy rain and wind through the mountains - was SO much fun (took me 10 minutes to unclench my hands from the steering wheel early this morning when I got in!)

Glad you got back OK!

Old Florida Road on Friday??? :D :rolleyes:

(Time for a rest!)

Mike in NJ :patriot:

sidriptide said:
after 3 days driving each way.. a few things have become painfully apparent to me....
A. ohio drivers consider the left (read: hammer) lane to be an acceptable travel lane.... regardless of the fact that they are not going faster than the car beside them at 63 mph.....

mike
you get the same thing in utah, but you were probably not here long enough to notice that.

Back