• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rig/Trail Build level.... Easy

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Thought I would post up an info thread. I believe we will try to limit ride groups to 8 or 10 rigs. Anyone wanting to do Easy stuff should post up in here. Please post tire size, and if you have lockers and where. Also include if you have a winch. Like this:

I'm on 42's locked front and rear with a winch.

Driving 5 hours, No Lockers and 31's and no winch. I'll be doing the easy stuff.

Im in the exact same boat! 5 hour drive 31's non locked no winch for now but its a maybe!

Ok, here is the deal. Harlan if you have not been there is little guy friendly. YOu could easily tag along with the bigger guys and not go on the hard obsticles. They have miles of easy stuff between the hard stuff.

Ok, here is the deal. Harlan if you have not been there is little guy friendly. YOu could easily tag along with the bigger guys and not go on the hard obsticles. They have miles of easy stuff between the hard stuff.
exactly!!!
that was me two years ago...

l_d34f1cdf19b576c16090c734699ba736.jpg

l_010f2fb411fef1f344e78dd07ecbd638.jpg

l_bf9ac314a738a6b69ec7eec3bfe6980b.jpg

l_40faaeee0c690c1c8bec03376bc96911.jpg

...you don't have to follow the "big guys" everywhere (not like anyone followed this guys line anyways, lol)

l_4866bdaffdd0a75365356dbaaea4eb83.jpg

l_c295047f3dcad9a3c3e48728b702aaa6.jpg

...this was probably the roughest stuff i went through
(well, other than the rock garden, but that was by choice :) )
l_d6d34c7d951efcac80ec460cde24e499.jpg

i was open/open on 30" BFG A/Ts... had no problems following the big guys on the trails, and had a blast watching them tear stuff up, and taking pictures of them... don't miss out on the crawl just because you feel you have a "limited" or stock jeep... there's plenty to do for everyone :)

If you guys don't know....It's all Gravy!!!

No matter what you drive, you'll have fun!

I will run blues and greens for sure.

LOL! Fixed it for you! :looser:

Thanks Ghost! What would I do without you.

I wouldn't call it leading......more like aimlessly wandering.

Thanks Ghost! What would I do without you.

I wouldn't call it leading......more like aimlessly wandering.

Probably have a much essayer life? I guess we should not be doing this in this thread. LOL! Oops.

...add me to this list

:huh:

As of now I am...
-willys still hasn't been tuned
-need to buy trailer tires to tow willys
-towing = 10mpg, XJ = 17mpg
-bmw training the entire week before the crawl
Not looking good for the 3B...

That will be fine. I'd like to see how much better the old XJ does this time around.

As of now I am...
why trailer tires? i thought the trailer was new?

why trailer tires? i thought the trailer was new?

Had a blowout in Atlanta,
The brake axle tires have flat spots from forgetting to turn off brakes when empty,
and one of those picked up a nail,
And the other two aren't awesome either due to how dual axle trailers scrub the inside edge of tires...

They were cheap bias ply tires anyways.
. Going with radials this time

As of now I am...

Dan.

No no no! You will bring the 3B.

Plug the nail hole in the flat spotted tire, and run them, it is not like you can hear the 'thump thump thump thump' from inside that rusty tow pig anyway.

I will bring you 3 tires and wheels from PullaPart.

Tim, i want the 3B to go more than anything! ...but i'm picking up a set of XJ stiffeners from BrainHo, and Tyler estimates i'll need atleast $500 to get the Willys tuned... not to mention, setting up a day that works for the dyno guy and the computer/tuning guy before the trip is not very likely (ecspecially with me being in Atlanta all next week)

...but the XJ has A/C now :cool:

Back