• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Outline of Agenda?

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
How about a quick and dirty of how this gig goes down?
When are trails ran?
Is there a meal/banquet?
Fees? Costs?
How/Where to get permits?
Closest Lodging other than the campground? (Ain't no way Wyfie would camp)
What is the normal turnout for the Crawl?

Guess I'm just used to seeing all of this stuff provided to everyone for WF. It sure makes it easier for everyone to see what is needed and when it's happening. A bit of orginization goes a long way with stuff like this. Basically, it's 3 months out. Is this stuff still not nailed down yet?

I'm not sayn''..........I'm just sayn'.........

So you are planning on coming?

We're on the fence.
I'd like to know some more details in order to aid our decision.
See first post.:D

Hale you and the wife can stay under the bus if you like.

There are some really nice cabins at the trail head. Not sure of hotels in the area........

Hale you and the wife can stay under the bus if you like.

There are some really nice cabins at the trail head. Not sure of hotels in the area........

There's a Holiday Inn Express in Putnam.........I can't seem to get Google maps to cooporate with me and see how far it is from the campground though.

Thanks for the offer. That gives a whole new meaning to "being thrown under the bus". :D

How about a quick and dirty of how this gig goes down?

When are trails ran? Trails are run on Thusday, Friday and Saturday - July 1-4.

Is there a meal/banquet? Saturday night we have the official dinner and raffle afterwards

Fees? Costs? Black Mountain charges $25/vehicle for a 31 day pass for the park. Camping is extra. See link in the base-of-operations thread.

How/Where to get permits? They can be purchased from Harlan Co. Campground - our base of operations for the event

Closest Lodging other than the campground? (Ain't no way Wyfie would camp) Harlan is 15 minutes down the road. I have not checked on hotels/motels as everyone stayed at the campground in 2008. I will check into it.

What is the normal turnout for the Crawl? 2008 we had 12 rigs, 2009 we had 20. We typically haven't had the challenges the larger events have so this year may be a learning experience if attendance holds.

Last edited:
Yeah, I found that but, at the time Google Maps wasn't cooperating for some reason. It shows two different locations for that Holiday Inn Express and they're about 5 miles apart, with the same address. :dunno:

Guess this is my first time at being on the other side of the fence. I'm looking at it for the first time, I've never been there, going in totally blind so to speak. I've not seen it all laid out in detail like I've seen with WF. I'm in no way trying to start a fight here either.......just calling it like I see it. I still haven't seen anything on event fees? I see campground fees, I see permit fees......
Are you not charging for the meal at the raffle? Tshirts?

Last edited:
No problem Mike. You have to remember that in the past the Crawl has been small and relatively easy to plan out, at least for the two I've been to. Almost all the guys from the SEC have been on previous wheeling trips together and we know each other and the rigs. Makes for a easy split up each morning to go play.

Now this year may be totally different. We have the possibility of a lot of new faces and visitors from other chapters. We promise to do our best and provide a good time.

Registration hasn't been posted yet. All the other details will be found there regarding meal tickets, shirts, decals, etc.

FYI: three guys plan our event. Our event has no permanent "home" like Winterfest....yet. We will do our best.

I'm just on a fact finding mission, that's all.
Trying to get it all together to plead my case with Wyfie.:D

I'm sure it'll be enjoyable. I wouldn't be wanting to go if I didn't think we'd have a good time!

No problem Mike. You have to remember that in the past the Crawl has been small and relatively easy to plan out, at least for the two I've been to. Almost all the guys from the SEC have been on previous wheeling trips together and we know each other and the rigs. Makes for a easy split up each morning to go play.

Now this year may be totally different. We have the possibility of a lot of new faces and visitors from other chapters. We promise to do our best and provide a good time.

Registration hasn't been posted yet. All the other details will be found there regarding meal tickets, shirts, decals, etc.

FYI: three guys plan our event. Our event has no permanent "home" like Winterfest....yet. We will do our best.

Is the south ready for a MWC invasion thats the question! :D

I completely understand. I sure hope it works out for you to attend.

Is the south ready for a MWC invasion thats the question! :D

I don't know. We've met BrianHO13 and Pat so we might be okay??????

I don't know. We've met BrianHO13 and Pat so we might be okay??????

You haven't met Hale have you? :roflmao: Tell the local farmers to hide the sheep.

You haven't met Hale have you? :roflmao: Tell the local farmers to hide the sheep.
Remember; you are traveling into the woods, in the south.

The sheep will be fine.

Somebody cue the banjos...
banjo-bespelende-emoticon.gif

Back