• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 35 housing differences? 91 xj to 93xj?

cb9wagon

NAXJA Forum User
i 've been searching but haven't found yet. i'm doing a bearing job on a friends 93 xj that was just bought and recieved a 6.5 lift. the rear diff looks like a dana 35 and the tag is gone. it seems to have the same rear cover as my 91 xj. the difference is above the pinion on the outside of the case there is three casted lugs sticking up . they are quite large i'd say 3/4inch and 1 inch tall. my dana 35 is smooth down from the cover to the pinion

is this a dana 35 or something else, i would like to have the right bearings and seals before i tear into it

chris

If it looks like this, it would be a Chry 8.25 axle.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Must be some dumb smart ass from Surly Bc Canada.

Hallo Smart ass, I tried to help by looking for the Dana 35.
I found a lot of info concerning the question, but it was all copyright.
So if it is copyright , i am very carefull. Also my Englisch is not so well to do a translation and write it down on our forum.
The question had also very much to do with;How it is looked.
So pictures and scanning is also a lot of work and beware on copyright.
So if you take the time to look in GOOGLE (What I did), you can find very detailed texture and pictures about the DANA 35 , better than words can do and maybe a lot quicker. :compwork:

:kissyou:
35 Dana 35 rear axle 10 bolt cover Rounded housing cover. Looks like it's been 'mashed' down from the top. Plastic plug to fill differential w/ oil.
8-1/4 Chrysler 8.25 inch rear axle 10 bolt cover Rounded housing cover with flattened housing bottom Plastic plug to fill differential w/ oil.

Last edited:
not exactly the best way to get help in the future-- I believe he was trying to point you in the direction of the answer to the question that you asked.

P.S. nominated

Well deserved! It seems to me that Wim was only trying to help. He's got 6 posts and is already making people not want to help Him!

Good Idea!:gag:

Back