• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Telluride: tons, big rubber, and a clean slate.

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
Well here we go on another adventure. Some of you might remember my last build 'project blacksheep' from a few years back. Well, I'm finally stepping back into a XJ and getting a build going, dubbed 'Telluride'. Things might change so no details will be spilled out until I get the stuff ordered and in hand. Then of course I'll update with pics.

So here's what I picked up a few months back. Bone stock unmolested 2000 limited.
image_zps3y2k9mot.jpeg

Picked up the lady a new Tacoma,
image_zpsocusyfrc.jpeg

And tossed it on some 32" duratracs. So I took the factory tires and tossed em on the XJ for time being.
image_zps7aq0nu8r.jpeg

As you can see the front kissed a deer on the way to work. Make fun of the light bar on a stick jeep all you want. But I likely would have totaled the jeep if that light wasn't on allowing me to see the group of them coming across the road. (Drive a lot of empty dirt country roads for work ).

Picked up this little beater to run to work in til I decide on another vehicle. ($700 can't complain too much ).
image_zpswawhxffv.jpeg

So now this is her current state. In the air. Awaiting parts. Wheels. Tires. Rear leaf. Shackles. Stiffeners. Seats. And sye are all on order. I should be grabbing axles coils and tcase up this next week locally.

image_zpsrcnvnwci.jpeg

Here's progress made so far.
Got the stock stuff all ripped out. Picked up some relocation brackets a while back from another member here. Got them cleaned up and installed.
image_zpsqyeotc5f.jpeg

Also got the tank skid installed. Didn't get a pic yet.

How are you liking the Tacoma? I'm looking to get one as a daily

How are you liking the Tacoma? I'm looking to get one as a daily

Totally worth it to get the trd. The sr/sr5 have different diff gears so with the 265's it shifts constantly. The trd options seem to take it better.
Suspension is the same as the previous generation. Interior is nicer for sure.
Motor is totally a car motor. No bottom end but does well up high. We average 20mpg.

Well here's what's in mail, got my tracking for most of these today:

Boostwerks 231HD tcase shift setup.
Boostwerks comp shackles.

RE rear leaf springs.

Ruff stuff u bolt eliminator spring perches.

Hooligan OffRoad stiffeners (local pickup )

Method wheels 'Mesh' in machined face.

Procomp MT2 40x13.5-17 tires.

This will get me pretty much done in the rear. Then I'll begin the order for front parts to get that all set up. For now, another hitch for work.

Lmfao. Yep.

Haha no. Waiting for my axles to be ready. 60/10.5. 5.38's. 06 SD axles so balljoint unit bearing. But big and thick ass tubes.

I'm not sure this one is going to be super low. The last jeep turned me off from that a bit. Lcog is nice in the crazy stuff. But doing the scenic or easy stuff dragging over every little thing gets real old real fast.
This should end up being more mid height. Nothing crazy. But not hacked up in the name of keeping it low.

I'll be a bit higher than that. With the 40's going on I don't want to hack off all the body. Shooting for 6.5 ish total.

Well here's what's in mail, got my tracking for most of these today:

Boostwerks 231HD tcase shift setup.
Boostwerks comp shackles.

RE rear leaf springs.

Ruff stuff u bolt eliminator spring perches.

Hooligan OffRoad stiffeners (local pickup )

Method wheels 'Mesh' in machined face.

Procomp MT2 40x13.5-17 tires.

This will get me pretty much done in the rear. Then I'll begin the order for front parts to get that all set up. For now, another hitch for work.

Lmfao. Yep.

Haha no. Waiting for my axles to be ready. 60/10.5. 5.38's. 06 SD axles so balljoint unit bearing. But big and thick ass tubes.

Whoa now?

40's?

Hit me up...you need to pass on the 10.5" rear...seriously.

Back