• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

War over Ice Cream?

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
I went to the local Ben and Jerrys to buy my wife some ice cream today, since she had a crappy day at work.

I was going to get a gallon, so it would last longer. They told me...straight faced...that the cost of 1 gallon of Dublin Mudslide ice cream was $40!

Who in the heck would pay $40 for ice cream?

I guess if Bush will send troops to Iraq to protect $2 gas, than we need to send troops into Vermont to fight the evil ice cream cartel and bring the cost of a gallon of ice cream down to something reasonable!

Only in America!!!!

WOW !!! $40 bucks for ice cream. That place would would get run off real fast in the little town i live in. Were there other customers in there? I'm wondering what kind of tards are keeping them in business.

The only ben and jerrys we go to is just outside Orleans out on cape cod. On any given summer nite there is a waiting like of 40 or more people. We had one down in allentown near the lehigh valley mall, it stayed in business about 8 months and then folded. Too rich for the locals I guess. The onl time we spend that kind of coin on ice cream is when we are on vacation.
My weakness is godiva or dove dark chocolate with chocolate ice cream on a stick. But only when we have a coupon for a 4 pack....

I hate to say it but when we make homemade ice cream from the old family recipie, I bet it costs close to $20 a gallon to make it. That heavy cream and all those eggs don't come cheap.

Ben and Jerry's hasn't been the same since Ben and Jerry sold out to Unilever. I'll never forgive them anyway for dropping Chocolate Cointreau Fudge.

Same thing with Stonyfield Farms yogurt. They sold out to Dannon. Same package, twice the sugar.

Oh well, the stuff's full of cholesterol anyway. We're better off without it. :rattle:

old_man said:
I hate to say it but when we make homemade ice cream from the old family recipie, I bet it costs close to $20 a gallon to make it. That heavy cream and all those eggs don't come cheap.

I dont doubt it was expensive for you to make, but you must remember this is a company that buys their ingredients(or makes their own) direct and in LARGE quantities. I am sure it was cheaper for them to make that gallon than it was for you to make yours.

Just spend the $20 and make your own, it probably taste better anyways.

Lawn Cher' said:
Not this discussion again! :wierd:
AH yes the endless ice cream debate...here we go again

Back