• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Original Miles and Year

bigjoe

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to know what year XJ you have and how many original miles that you have. I don't know if this has been done before but I'm curious what everyones getting out of the 4.0.
I've seen a poll like this on the FSJ site. It was interesting.
Let me know,
Thanks,
Joe

1987XJ - 220Kmiles before oil pump failure (random event) - minimal engine wear on inspection.

1988XJ - 226Kmiles and still going.

1989XJ - 165Kmiles before top end teardown to replace lifters ("went solid" due to paraffin deposits from Pennzoil.) Currently at 180Kmiles and going. Minimal wear on inspection.

Some here have reported 400Kmile service without incident, and I will not be surprised when I get word of a 4.0 XJ or MJ with a "Million Mile Plaque" awarded. Also, considering the abuse I have put my 87 and my 88 to, I'd not be surprised if a well-maintained and slightly coddled 4.0 would outlast a series of owners, and start stacking up "Million Mile Plaques."

5-90

Hey, not trying to offend anyone just trying to get a feel for the amount of miles I can expect to get out of my engine if I take care of it.
I don't get on JU because I haven't heard anything good about it. I figured that I was on the right board and with the right club when I signed up with you all.

Joe

bigjoe said:
Hey, not trying to offend anyone just trying to get a feel for the amount of miles I can expect to get out of my engine if I take care of it.
I don't get on JU because I haven't heard anything good about it. I figured that I was on the right board and with the right club when I signed up with you all.
Don't worry about it :D.... it's actually a good question that gets asked every so often (about twice a year:D) and it seems like it's just about the time to ask it :)

Mine's still a Baby:D

2000 53,778

92 with 95k

Back