• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 Cherokee, 3.5" lift in Arizona

sully

NAXJA Forum User
1988 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 4WD, 3.5" Rancho lift
$1900 obo.

This truck is in very good shape for its age. The body of the Jeep is in good condition. It is very straight and all body panels are original to the best of my knowledge. The exterior is very glossy, with very little paint fading (just a tad on the hood) and the color is sort of an off-yellow creme. There are only a few tiny stone chips mainly on or around the front grill. There is a very minor (size of a dime at the best) ding (possibly from an acorn or small branch) on the drivers side fender. Being an Arizona truck, there is obviously no rust to be had at all. This truck has been garaged and well cared for for most of its life.

Glass is in good condition, though there is some peeling of the window-tint at the corners, as it is beginning to show its age. The driver's side rear-view mirror is cracked, but replacements can be found easily on eBay in the neighborhood of $20-25.

This Jeep does have A/C, but the system needs to be charged.

All guages and instruments are in good working order.

This truck is a good running and good looking, very reliable Jeep. It has a new battery, new alternator and new clutch. The transmission tends to whine a bit in first through third gears (my assumption is that it is worn synchros), but this has never affected the performance or drivability of the vehicle beyond some noticeable noise. The Jeep is an ideal daily driver, or a kickass platform to build a rig on. This vehicle has been very reliable for me and does not leak any oil. It has recently passed emissions, and that paperwork will be included with the sale.

• 4 Wheel Drive
  • 4 Door
  • 4.0 liter
  • 5 speed manual transmission
  • AM/FM Cassette Radio
  • 3.5" Rancho Suspension lift
  • 5 30x9.5" all-terrain tires with very good tread
  • chrome wheels
  • full size spare
  • flowmaster muffler
  • no known mechanical issues
  • clean carfax report with no negative data
  • 185501 miles
  • tow hitch
  • clean, clear title.

For more information, please email at [email protected]. Thanks! (I don't often check my PMs here.)

Pictures can be found a the following two links:

exterior:
cherokee

interior:
interior

Back