• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

KOH stock class......should Team NAXJA ride again?

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Russ has an XJ that he's willing to make a KOH car out of and build a motor for, Cal and I are willing to work on building it and drive it, Matt is willing to dig up parts and sponsorship stuff and be part of the Petty Cash XJ racing effort, Grant is willing to bring a hot 17 year old great protege driver out to be in the car and he'll be crew chief again, so should we bring Team NAXJA into it?

We'll need help over at Russ's house to work on the car and we'll need pit crew help out at the race. And we'll need to raise some funds.

???

so thats means I can count 3 XJ's so far in stock, If you bring another out...

Very cool...

Where is Russ' house?

I'm in for communications.

I can be there so make it Affirmative action worthy :p If we can get Darky to come that be one Browny and one Darky to complete the circle :)

I'm up for pitting and helping with the build process. I've been to russ's and I live close by.

I am in to come over and insult Cal whenever needed.

YES!!

I can help, too!! I'll text smartass remarks, puns, and innuendos to interrupt the work. I might even be able to come up for a weekend & help...

Our idea is to run the series, as many races as possible. There is supposed to be stock and modified classes at other Ultra 4 races, so we'll see how it develops. I'll bet there will be a stock class race at Glen Helen next year, which could be fun.

The car has suspension, which we'll tweak. It needs a cage, which we'll do this summer in Bakersfield at my shop, evenings and weekends. It's going to need a fuel cell and fuel system, plenty of reinforcement to frame and suspension mounts, rock rails, bumpers, lights, seats mounted, harnesses installed, tires and wheels mounted up, glass removed, paint, engine pulled and installed, etc, etc.

Kinda sucks that they wont allow rear shocks to go thru the floor/body, OR wont allow the Jaz jeepspeed cell.

That would be sweet to design a belcrank system that would allow more travel while keeping the shocks under the body.

No mechanical advantage devices. Which is Good. Shock and spring much attach direct to axle and vehicle.

because it recesses in the rear floor, and you are not allowed to put a hole in any sheet metal, unless its for tubing for cage, or trans/TC linkage...

Currently...

Back