• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To My Good Friends In The NW Chapter

fubar XJ

NAXJA Forum User
After many months of kicking around plans, staring at a large pile of parts, and having none of the money (and truthfully, little of the motivation) to build up another Cherokee, I have decided that it's time to cut-bait and move on as a XJ-free wheeler for the near-term future. This does not mean that I'm getting out of wheeling, although it has become much less a priority the last year or so. I still have my CJ, I still plan on getting out and about in it now and again. This is actually a two-fold situation, as I have stumbled across a great deal on another fullsize pickup to replace the one I sold last year and greatly miss having the functionality of in my life. What this means is that I will be listing a fairly large number of XJ parts and pieces for sale over the next week or so, since the XJ dream is dead and you all can use them far more than I can at this point. I am terrible with cameras and loading photos and what-not, so I won't be taking and posting a pic of every item. They're all legit aftermarket XJ components and will be listed by brand name and model, as well as condition given and a fair asking price. I look forward to meeting or seeing again some of you as these transactions ensue, and hope that the parts and pieces I took the time and care to equip my former XJ with will find homes on the rigs you are currently wheeling and building. I have no plans to "quit" NAXJA or anything silly like that, and look forward to the next event or gathering that I'll be able to attend in the company of you fine people.

Doug

Doug, Are you going to keep the 98 as a DD, or sell it to make room for the truck?

You and your purple sweat pants are dead to me Doug.
:shocked::confused1:bs:
You'll be back.

Chris, I'll be selling the '98 as well. Figured I'd see how many of the parts I could get rid of first.

While I was looking forward to seeing what you would build this time I understand shifting priorities. Good luck with the parts sales, I hope you enjoy the truck, and I look forward to wheeling with you again soon.

Best Regards,
Matt

While I was looking forward to seeing what you would build this time I understand shifting priorities. Good luck with the parts sales, I hope you enjoy the truck, and I look forward to wheeling with you again soon.

Best Regards,
Matt

X's 2

Hope to see you around Doug !

Keep in touch !

Well, I always enjoy wheeling with you Doug. It's unfortunate you won't be building a new XJ, as I was looking forward to seeing it, but at least you still have a CJ to wheel. I hope to see you on the trails again!

It's good to have your priorities sorted out.

~Scott

Thanks for the kind words, I've greatly enjoyed spending time with the friends I've made on NAXJA. As for the items for sale, of course OBO is a given. If you see something you want, let me know and we'll see if we can find a reasonable price that works for both parties.

Check the for sale section, I'm starting to list more items for sale.

PFFFTT!!! You wish, Eli. Got the image of me dancing in my sweatpants stuck in your spank-bank?

Bottom line, I just don't have the money (nor really the time) to build up another XJ like I really want and at the same time need a tow rig and have a line on a worthy one. It was a hard decision for me, but I've made the right one in the end.

PFFFTT!!! You wish, Eli. Got the image of me dancing in my sweatpants stuck in your spank-bank?

Bottom line, I just don't have the money (nor really the time) to build up another XJ like I really want and at the same time need a tow rig and have a line on a worthy one. It was a hard decision for me, but I've made the right one in the end.

No, but its saved to the computer.

And :thumbup: .

It's not the end, Doug! We missed you at NWF this past year, and definately want to see you soon...say, I hear the PNWJ Meet & Greet is next weekend...hint, hint.

I'd love to make that, but I won't have the truck for another few weeks. That means my only option to tow the CJ down would be the wife's Durango, which was fair to middling as a tow rig the one time I used it. I also have a few maintenance items I need to catch up on with the CJ, so chances of me making it are slim to none. Thanks for the heads-up though.

Heard a rumor, had to come see it for myself.
Congrats. ERR... I mean... Sorry. :D
I'll be down your way a few times next month for training classes. I'll give you a call maybe we can go grab a beer.
-Ryan

I'll be down your way a few times next month for training classes. I'll give you a call maybe we can go grab a beer.
-Ryan

What are you building Ryan? Something fast or something slow?

Nothing. I'm pursuing some other hobbies, enjoying time with my family, and the big money sucker: going back to school. When I get the urge I ride with people, or steal Alexs jeep for a day. That usually cures me.

-Ryan

That sounds good Ryan. Give me a call and we'll make it happen. Us rolled and ruined XJ guys have to stick together. ;)

That sounds good Ryan. Give me a call and we'll make it happen. Us rolled and ruined XJ guys have to stick together. ;)

= Odd Couple. ;)

Back