• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Emergency recovery contact thread

jonesinxj

NAXJA Forum User
I was browsing thru a couple different chapters today and in the SoCal chapter they have a thread where they post up people that are willing to help out fellow responsible jeepers and have put up their recovery equipment, rigs and times they are available.

Link
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=978452

I think this is a great idea, but Im sure someone will chime in "this is why you never wheel alone" I completely agree but if your up on the trail and are completely broken, it would be nice to have some contacts that would be willing to tow you home with their truck and trailer or the group you went with isnt completely set up for the recovery.

What do you guys think?:eyes:

I think its a great idea for to try it. Maybe make it a sticky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sent with Tapatalk from Android
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cherokee's eat Taco's

The idea is nice...but at the same time, I feel like those who should have my contact info already have it. I know I have a decent list of people I can call if I need help, just from wheeling with them in the past.

Personally, I'm not sure I'm interested in putting my phone number out on the boards so just anyone can call me. Just my 2cents.

If I remember correctly 2xtreme got something like this going a few years ago. Basically if you were interested in being part of the emergency contact list you sent in your info, and it was added to the list. I believe it was limited to members just to keep the info within the club. It's primary reason was to give your family a list of contacts to call in case someone wasn't back by a certain time or needed help.

Something to think about.

as often as alot of you drink, I'm not sure i want to be called 12 times a day...

The idea is nice...but at the same time, I feel like those who should have my contact info already have it. I know I have a decent list of people I can call if I need help, just from wheeling with them in the past.

Personally, I'm not sure I'm interested in putting my phone number out on the boards so just anyone can call me. Just my 2cents.

Scott, I completely agree with you. At the same time, not all of us have the seat time you do with some of the fellow members here.

If I remember correctly 2xtreme got something like this going a few years ago. Basically if you were interested in being part of the emergency contact list you sent in your info, and it was added to the list. I believe it was limited to members just to keep the info within the club. It's primary reason was to give your family a list of contacts to call in case someone wasn't back by a certain time or needed help.

Something to think about.

Dustin, I like this even better, I agree I don't want to be called in the middle of the night and I don't want my number just pasted on the Internet for anyone to see and find. If this was something that ONLY members could see I would feel better about putting up my information.

I also like the idea about having information like this for emergency for our families. Especially for our big gatherings

as often as alot of you drink, I'm not sure i want to be called 12 times a day...

I've already got your number, and I only text you 12 times a day.

lol latitude only works if you have a cellphone with a conection

I did put an emergency contact list together several years ago. I cept it up to date for several years and it was also used on several occasions and worked exceptionally well (I can think of at least 5 emergency recoveries off the top of my head). I also am not aware of any issues with the list or people abusing it. I do still have all of the information and I suspect that most of the people on the list also have it.

The purpose when I put the list together was for me to provide to my wife or someone else (at home) so that if I couldn't be contacted and was "late" then they knew who was on the trip and who wasn't that they could start to contact to find out if anyone else knew anything or had heard anything. I have used it for years and never needed it, thankfully. The phone tree on it's own is a good idea but it is much better when it is part of an entire system that can help each of us when something goes alittle un expected.

At the last time this list was updated there were 27 names on the list. Many of them are still part of this group, several I have not heard from or seen in over a year. The list includes as little as e-mail address for some people and as much as home, work, cell, sig other cell, numbers as well as availability to assist in the case of an emergency. This way anybody who has the list (stuck on the trail) or at home wondering where there "missing person" is can use the information to find the best way to start the phone tree depending on where they are and where the person is expected to be lost.

I would be more than happy to either update this list again (with approved guidelines from the group) or provide the details for someone else to take over the responsibility. The way we worked it in the past is that you could include as little or as much as you wished and if you were on the list you got a copy of the list (no one not on the list gets a copy). I will also go back to all of the original people on the list and see if they want to be cept on it or removed.

Continue the discussion and let me know what you want to do as a group.

On a similar note I also put together a Preparedness Checklist that I still have a copy of that we considered posting as a sticky to help people complete a list of things that they might consider keeping in their Jeep or doing before leaving on a trip.

Michael

Having just moved from SoCal I have seen this work out well and Im all for it. If you dont feel comfortable posting your number fine, but at least post up if you are willing and able to lend a hand and what your capabilities are (rig/equipment). Maybe have just one person maintain the phone list.

Michael I like stickys!
I like the phone list with info on who has what.
A check list with what we should have, I have seen it around her somewhere.

I would like to remind everyone of the consequences of "drunk dialing". This one "Aired" several times on many Internet broadcasts in 2006.

Caution: strong language and sexual preference references.

I hate this antique forum - I'll figure out how to link and post it

2nd try: http://www.getyourdorkon.com/music/test/XXXXtard Mountain.mp3

Last edited:
I would like to remind everyone of the consequences of "drunk dialing". This one "Aired" several times on many Internet broadcasts in 2006.

Caution: strong language and sexual preference references.

I hate this antique forum - I'll figure out how to link and post it

2nd try: http://www.getyourdorkon.com/music/test/

Link is broken :badpc:

that one prompts to download ?????

I'm in favor of the list. I think we should give it a try. Just gotta figure out what form of list to do.
if you don't want to contribute then don't. Also the list could be used for if one of us gets into an accident due to weather conditions or morons. people don't have to be off road to be in need of help.

I will volunteer my time if I have the gas for it. I live close to walker valley too. Only thing I am waiting for is my winch to magically appear back on my front bumper. I have a few steel cables and hooks though. Anything helps.

I was on the original list, and would be willing to remain. Whoever ends up in charge of this, let me know and I can get updated info.

In the past it was whatever contact info you wanted, as well as what you had to offer such as winch, tow rig/trailer, days/hours available, etc.

John

I like the idea of the list if it remains available only to those who are also on it. To me, people who won't give up their own contact info/aren't willing to help shouldn't be given my contact information.

I also like the idea of stickying Michaels "prepared" list. I'm always amazed at the limited resources some people believe they can get away with when wheeling (lack of tools/knowledge).

Back